DirecTV to add 44 HD local markets (Updated with Launch Schedule)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The LIL HD channel numbers will be the same as the SD, they'll just appear first inthe program guide. Use the hide SD version of HD channels option in the display settings and you'll not see the SD version in the guide anymore.

Thanks for the clarification. My wife is going to pissed about having to redo all the network season passes, but she'll get over pretty fast. :)

rad - I cleaned up the list in the press release you posted, the cities were running together. Hope you don't mind :)

Well, Pensacola/Mobile is on the list (again) and I see they are adding Tally & DOTHAN, AL?! Dothan. It's smaller than Panama City in DMA, yet PC doesn't even have SD locals. Now PC will be surrounded by larger and smaller markets yet not have their own on D*. E* has them in SD at least.

Well, Pensacola/Mobile is on the list (again) and I see they are adding Tally & DOTHAN, AL?! Dothan. It's smaller than Panama City in DMA, yet PC doesn't even have SD locals. Now PC will be surrounded by larger and smaller markets yet not have their own on D*. E* has them in SD at least.

At least your area is on a list. My area has never been on any list.

Well, I still don't have local channels of any kind on Direct TV. And it is beginning to look like Amarillo locals are never going to be offered. Dish has them, but I wanted to stay with Direct tv. We are 60 miles from the transmitters and can only get digital for NBC and FOX using a outside 30' antenna. We get very snowy SD ABC and CBS. Sometimes we get an extremely snowy SD PBS. How long is it going to be before we have even SD locals? We have a new HDTV and would like HD locals.

Well if they are in HD then I am sorry. I ws just trying to crack a joke at the guy that is hollering for Dish to get his locals in HD out of Jacksonville, Fl.

Guess he needs to switch to DirectTV

This is the main reason I did switch from DISH. I was promised in 2006 for local HD, that never happened. I moved to D* a few months back and haven't regretted it.

I still don't have locals let alone hd locals in wheeling,wv and steubenville,oh. Oh well I enjoy watching Cleveland,oh news anyways. More interesting than watching the same story everyday for a month like with my locals.

Updated HD LILs from DirecTV

Quote:pjsauter

Just saw this "breaking news" over at DTV:

Upcoming HD Local Market Launches

August: Augusta, GA.; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Lincoln-Hastings, Neb.; Rochester, N.Y.

September: Baton Rouge, La.; Burlington Vt.-Plattsburgh, N.Y.; Champaign-Springfield-Decatur, Ill.; Mobile AL-Pensacola, Fla.; Myrtle Beach-Florence, S.C.; Richmond-Petersburg, Va. ; South Bend-Elkhart, Ind.; Syracuse, N.Y.; Youngstown, Ohio

October: Boise, Idaho; Charleston, S.C.; Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Colo.; Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.; Davenport, Iowa-Rock Island, Ill., Moline, Ill.; Dayton, Ohio; Evansville, Ind.; Fort Smith, Ark.; Greenville-New Bern-Washington, N.C.; Harlingen-Brownsville, Texas; Little Rock-Pine Bluff, Ark.; Macon, Ga.; Norfolk-Newport News, Va.; Savannah, Ga.; Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.

November: Des Moines-Ames, Iowa; El Paso, Texas; Fort Wayne, Ind.; La Crosse-Eau Claire, Wis.; Peoria-Bloomington, Ill.; Rockford, Ill.; Sioux Falls, S.D.; Traverse City-Cadillac

December: Bangor, Maine; Beaumont-Port Arthur, Texas; Butte-Bozeman, Mont.; Harrisonburg, Va.; Tallahassee, Fla.

This list has been confirmed.
smile.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts