DirecTV to add 44 HD local markets (Updated with Launch Schedule)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cool, might want to simply ADD that info to the existing thread for ease of reading; keeping all the like info in one thread as opposed to all scattered about.

I'm going to consolidate Matt's thread with the existing one. I added the market schedule to the original post as well :)

Sweet :D I have this strange feeling the replacement box we are getting is going to be an HR21 so I guess I don't have to get the OTA module if we'll be lit up in Aug!!

What happened to Toledo OH. It listed in the 44 markets but unless I'm just missing it I don't see it in the launch schedule. Any one got any ideas.

Dothan, AL. is in the first list of 44 but not the 2nd rollout listing.

Hmmmmmm. Plus, they share 2 channels with Panama City, FL (CBS-Dothan & NBC-PC - both Gray Media and serve both DMAs) but no love at all for Panama City, SD or HD.

But now D* has the room for all the goodness of LIL HD!
They had room on the last spotbeam satellite. And it was scheduled to be on that satellite. Many proposed two excuses. Contracts not secured and the mysterious broken spot beam must have been the one aimed at our DMA. Hopefully it will happen this time and we will get the proposed 50% -60% of the HD in the air here. The real question is whe will D* give us ALL of the HD available OTA.

YOUNGSTOWN, OH!!!!!!!! YOUNGSTOWN, OH???????? I always thought we were the toiletbowl of Ohio and would never see local hd on direct, I am quite impressed....

Yes, meanwhile Toledo, Ohio STILL waits for thier HD channels.

Toledo IS on the list of 44 cities, but it is NOT in the list that D* is showing on thier month to month ...
What's up with that ???
How can they be on one list, but not the coresponding list ?

Jimbo

Yeah, I would have assumed that Toledo would have gotten them waaayyyyyyyy sooner then Youngstown, I wonder what's up with that (though I'm not complaining, no offense....)?

Anyone know?

I see where Directv will begin providing more local markets in HD beginning Aug 14th. They listed alot of cities, but I am curious as to the order in which they will work. Does anyone know which markets the will begin with? Thanks for the response.

Well you would think that you have
Cleveland, Columbus, Cincy, all on in HD then you would think that Toledo would be the next largest city, before DAYTON and Youngstown, at least you would think so.
I thought they were getting screwed before because they had Cleveland, and Detroit already up, but they will not offer those to us, and tehy still decide to skip over Toledo...........

Sure am glad I have OTA to work with.

Jimbo

All I can say is what the he**

How is it that Lexington is a continuously ignored HD LIL it really burns me that we get ignored when Paducah has them.....I mean how may people that are able to get the Paducah locals actually have a HDTV and subscribe to D* it is a rural lower income area of the country I realize that the DMA serves more than just KY but the whole area is no where near as saturated as Lexington.... :mad: :what

How is it that Lexington is a continuously ignored HD LIL it really burns me that we get ignored when Paducah has them.....I mean how may people that are able to get the Paducah locals actually have a HDTV and subscribe to D* it is a rural lower income area of the country I realize that the DMA serves more than just KY but the whole area is no where near as saturated as Lexington.... :mad: :what

I am in the same boat. Our areas are about the same size.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts