DirecTV Tops Dish in JD Powers Rankings

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scott,

Werent you praising Dish not too long ago about there customer sevice. Hmm even in a off year like this year we still out do dish.

Now thanks for the articale link I am going to use that in a training meeting. as there no reason why there should be such a huge gap between us and the teleco that means we have to go back and work harder .

But it always nice to see we are still above comcast lol.

I think what Scott was saying, like all of us were saying, is that Direct is getting worse and Dish is getting better. This does not mean that Dish is better than Direct yet; it simply means that Dish is getting close and if Direct doesn't get off their arses, Dish will pass them up.

What Dodger said...

Also most of the complaints about DirecTV that you are seeing online is when people are canceling DirecTV.

JD Powers does not survey people who canceled the service to see what their experiance was like, the only survey current customers.

For most folks they are happy with DirecTV and really never need to contact customer service. Thus they deserve the ranking they got. DirecTV is in no way a bad satellite television provider, they just have some things they need to fix.

Best of the worst.

I'll say this, in most markets, EVERYONE beats cable in customer service. I've never heard of ANY cable company with a good reputation for customer service.

DirecTV (684), Dish Network (669) out of 1000

They both are not anything that great C- D+

DirecTV (684), Dish Network (669) out of 1000

They both are not anything that great C- D+

When there are very few providers of a service, they tend to not really give a rat's ass about things. As more competition come into the market, acts have to be cleaned up or companies fail. FIOS and U-verse are not a LOT better than D* & E*, but as they become more widely available, only people without alternatives will continue to put up with such bad service. Having had both E* & D* over the past 15 years or so, I can say that neither was worth a dayum on the rare occasions that I did call them. U-verse is coming in here, so looks like I may as well make the jump from D*.

Quote---"I've never heard of ANY cable company with a good reputation for customer service."

Well, now you have. We had Cox in Roanoke, VA and the LOCAL phone customer response time and service were actually quite good. I left Cox because then, then only had about 8 HD channels when Direct had already rolled out their big HD additions. Cox had less "misses" (being wrong) on tech support/customer service, too.

Meanwhile, Cox has added most of the HD channels and a few HDs like Lifetime, Lifetime Movies, Hallmark, Travel and more. Still ... I think I'm gonna hang on for D12. But I digress.

At least Direct DID do some workarounds to get me my HR20 and H20 so I could get OTA back when we had no HD LILs. (I still use OTA for extra channels and backup.) They get service points for that.

When there are very few providers of a service, they tend to not really give a rat's ass about things. As more competition come into the market, acts have to be cleaned up or companies fail. FIOS and U-verse are not a LOT better than D* & E*, but as they become more widely available, only people without alternatives will continue to put up with such bad service. Having had both E* & D* over the past 15 years or so, I can say that neither was worth a dayum on the rare occasions that I did call them. U-verse is coming in here, so looks like I may as well make the jump from D*.
I would say FiOS is, but U-Verse is a stretch.

Remember this Survey data is old

Remember this survey Data is Old, Dish to Scott's point DirecTV might have been better back in January when they surveied, but I for one think Dish has improved a lot sense then. I hardly get a 'international' CSR anymore. Most of them know what I'm talking about, and Chat is great!

Remember this survey Data is Old, Dish to Scott's point DirecTV might have been better back in January when they surveied, but I for one think Dish has improved a lot sense then. I hardly get a 'international' CSR anymore. Most of them know what I'm talking about, and Chat is great!

I still get india about half the time when calling dish from my sister in law. She is a dingbat when it comes to anything like trying to figure out a tech issue.

Half the time is still better then most of the time which how it use to be and why i switch from Dish to Direct.

from what i hear from directv customers is that their customer service is on the decline and sinking fast,i doubt next year they will come out on top.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)