DIRECTV UNIFIED BRAND COMING APRIL 6th.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i wonder if dtv stream will be around if people arer thinking with there wallets looking ofr cheaper options and watching everything on demand. and there getting another price hike
I find it ridiculous if they are really planning to Raise the Stream price to match the Sat price, while still having less to offer channel wise and No 4k ...

If they were Smart, with the status of the Sat side, would be to LOWER the price to match the Streaming prices of others.

The osprey box gives you the feel of cable/satellite as it has a legit remote so you can type in 206 and get ESPN instead of scrolling through the guide to get to ESPN
That was my gripe with Sling. If I wanted to go to say Vice or USA I had to press down arrow numerous times on my roku to get to USA (as the guide was listed alphabetically)
I agree ... I've tried a very small sample of whatever streaming D* allows a Sat customer to use, the fact that you can't go directly to a channel SUCKS.
That in itself would make an Osprey unit worthwhile I think.

I find it ridiculous if they are really planning to Raise the Stream price to match the Sat price, while still having less to offer channel wise and No 4k ...

If they were Smart, with the status of the Sat side, would be to LOWER the price to match the Streaming prices of others.
i think it's ridiculous that streaming is catching up to sat service with streaming having less channels. we pay 84.99 for the extra package. makes no sense to me to go over to streaming

Reactions: Jimbo
I find it interesting, a few short years ago when the Streaming all started, they touted that the prices were GREAT and MUCH cheaper than Cable /Sat , and they were ...
While some of us said, lets wait and see what happens with those prices .... (Many started out around $40) (which is what my D* package started out at back in the late 90's)

NOW, we are looking at Streaming prices quickly catching up to the avg of most Cable/Sat packages ...
They may not have caught them yet, but they will catch up to the price eventually ...
I know, someone gonna say that the Sat prices will keep rising, and Yes, they will .... however .... back when Sat / Cable was running around $80 ... those same packages, maybe less are at that same price point for Streaming now.

i think it's ridiculous that streaming is catching up to sat service with streaming having less channels. we pay 84.99 for the extra package. makes no sense to me to go over to streaming
I like your post, but Not the results ....
I liked your post, not the result.

I agree ... I've tried a very small sample of whatever streaming D* allows a Sat customer to use, the fact that you can't go directly to a channel SUCKS.
That in itself would make an Osprey unit worthwhile I think.
yup. The one thing that I liked with YTTV is you can organize your favorites how you want to. So I had my locals first, then the sports channels, then the main stations I watch, then the rest. So to go from ESPN to USA was maybe 6 clicks, not 30

Reactions: John2021
I think the DTV Stream prices will stay the same. How can they do DTV over the Internet when DTV Stream doesn't have all the channels that DTV has? Is it easier to modify the channel contracts from DTV via Satellite so they can have them on DirecTV via the Net then doing that for DTV Stream? If DTV via the Net has the same channels as DTV Stream what makes DTV think customers will sign up to that and pay more just to get the Osprey box?

unless I'm missing something the current promo rates for satellite base price make it less than streaming
Entertainment is 64.99 sat 74.99 stream
Choice is 89.99 sat 99.99 stream
The other 2 are the same price but it looks like satellite requires auto pay or its $10 more

Its the fees that makes streaming a better option for folks. No $15 advance receiver fee. No RSN fee. No extra receiver fee. So 2 boxes with stream is the price listed. Sat it was almost $30 more with Choice in my market (RSN fee was like $8), $15 advance receiver fee and $7 extra receiver fee

I know streaming doesn't get NFL network or the music channels (but since you're streaming, why need the audio only stations) ;)
No religious stations (sans Daystar), no knock off shopping channels and only a handful of shopping (QVC, HSN, Jewelry, ShopLC)

yup. The one thing that I liked with YTTV is you can organize your favorites how you want to. So I had my locals first, then the sports channels, then the main stations I watch, then the rest. So to go from ESPN to USA was maybe 6 clicks, not 30
They could Fix that with a Voice Remote.

unless I'm missing something the current promo rates for satellite base price make it less than streaming
Entertainment is 64.99 sat 74.99 stream
Choice is 89.99 sat 99.99 stream
The other 2 are the same price but it looks like satellite requires auto pay or its $10 more

Its the fees that makes streaming a better option for folks. No $15 advance receiver fee. No RSN fee. No extra receiver fee. So 2 boxes with stream is the price listed. Sat it was almost $30 more with Choice in my market (RSN fee was like $8), $15 advance receiver fee and $7 extra receiver fee

I know streaming doesn't get NFL network or the music channels (but since you're streaming, why need the audio only stations) ;)
No religious stations (sans Daystar), no knock off shopping channels and only a handful of shopping (QVC, HSN, Jewelry, ShopLC)
I was going by Non Discounted pricing ...
The Regular Sat D* doesn't have the NFL ST anymore either .. are you talking the NFL Network ?
If so thats a Strike against Streaming, I have that on now in the background.

They should have done away with the Recvr fees and the other BS fees long ago, but D* is on the decline already.

Now IF, someone had the money, they COULD build new Sats and recvrs and Revive the industry.

Last edited:
yes the NFL Network
So going through the list of Stream vs Sat for the Entertainment package stream does not have (besides the mentioned NFL Net, music channels, religious, knock off shopping)

BYU TV (but BYU TV has their own app)
Any station that has a West station
MavTv
NASA

but on the chart on the D* site they say A&E, Lifetime, History and Vice are not in Entertainment on satellite

Choice has the same channels in both

can someone post the directv satellite package price for Entertainment Choice and Ultimate? Not the new customer price but the regular price.
Ultimate is around $160 ish ... don't forget, with SAT you get the dreaded RSN fee, in some places, thats another $14, whether you use it or not.

I'm thinking there is No RSN's on Stream, right ?

Ultimate is around $160 ish ... don't forget, with SAT you get the dreaded RSN fee, in some places, thats another $14, whether you use it or not.

I'm thinking there is No RSN's on Stream, right ?
There aren't any RSN fees, there are RSNs.

Reactions: Jimbo
can someone post the directv satellite package price for Entertainment Choice and Ultimate? Not the new customer price but the regular price.

Looking at mom's account for the non-promotional prices since they're not obvious to me on the sales pitch side of things:

Entertainment: $84.99
Choice: $106.99
Ultimate: $136.99
Premier: $191.99

Since I'm here, here's her fees, totaling $48.99 for service in 3 rooms:

TV Access Fee: $7.00
TV Access Fee: $7.00
Advanced Receiver Fee - DVR - $10
Advanced Receiver Fee - HD - $10
Whole-Home DVR Service - $3.00
Regional Sports Fee - $11.99

Regular prices if I were to switch plans.
DTV_Reg_Prices.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.