DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
which does no good unless you have ESPN in your programming package. Maybe read the posts AFTER it instead of replying 2 hours later when there was already the correct reply :rolleyes:
I just turned on my TV and watched ESPN monday night football like I have done for many years...if you dont subscribe to ESPN..you cant watch Monday Night Football..ESPN has ALWAYS required a cable or satellite subscription to watch...its never ever been alacart and it never ever will be

Reactions: SamCdbs
.if you dont subscribe to ESPN..you cant watch Monday Night Football..
sure you can
I watched the game last week via ESPN+
I watched the Vikes/Eagles game via ESPN+
I can watch next weeks game on ESPN+

ESPN has ALWAYS required a cable or satellite subscription to watch...its never ever been alacart and it never ever will be
boy sounds like an echo in here. The point I was making is when it was asked if you could watch the Bills/Titans game on ESPN+ the answer was no and you have to have ESPN in your programming package. 2 hours later you said "check the ESPN app" which does no good as I already mentioned the game is not on ESPN+

I just turned on my TV and watched ESPN monday night football like I have done for many years...if you dont subscribe to ESPN..you cant watch Monday Night Football.
Unless you have ESPN+
.ESPN has ALWAYS required a cable or satellite subscription to watch...its never ever been alacart and it never ever will be
Times are changing.

Here is next Monday on ESPN+
8:00 PMEn Español-Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants
espn+
8:15 PMDallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants
espn+
8:15 PMMonday Night Football With Peyton and Eli
espn+

Reactions: Mr Tony
sure you can

boy sounds like an echo in here. The point I was making is when it was asked if you could watch the Bills/Titans game on ESPN+ the answer was no and you have to have ESPN in your programming package. 2 hours later you said "check the ESPN app" which does no good as I already mentioned the game is not on ESPN+
But not last nights game

sure you can

The ESPN app is NOT ESPN+

This is amazing. Everything Juan says is 100% correct. Disney puts a few games on ESPN+ to try to drive subscribers to its money losing service. Meanwhile the still ultra profitable linear ESPN has EVERY game and EVERYTHING else that is in the rich goodness that is linear ESPN, which is unavailable, now and forever, a la carte.

Yelling “no” over and over and demanding links for things everyone else already knows, is not a take. Its just childish, really.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
This is amazing. Everything Juan says is 100% correct. Disney puts a few games on ESPN+ to try to drive subscribers to its money losing service.
Before you said it would never be on ESPN+, then you said only the Manning’s version, now you admit it is on plus.
Meanwhile the still ultra profitable linear ESPN has EVERY game and EVERYTHING else that is in the rich goodness that is linear ESPN, which is unavailable, now and forever, a la carte.
Again, times are changing, you cannot expect ESPN to keep losing 8 million subs per year ( after 30 million are already gone) and stay profitable.

Even if the rate of people leaving does not increase ( it will) that is still 40 million per sub fees gone in 5 years, by then, ESPN will not be able to afford the increasing right’s fees, the leagues, by then, will have moved on to getting their fees from streaming services
Yelling “no” over and over and demanding links for things everyone else already knows, is not a take. Its just childish, really.
Here is something and I will provide a link for-

Streaming yet again continued to grab a larger share of total TV viewing in August, hitting its latest record high even as overall usage stayed flat ahead of the traditional fall content season, according to Nielsen’s The Gauge.

According to the snapshot, in August total streaming nabbed a 35% share of total TV usage – besting its previous record of 34.8% in July when it surpassed cable for the first time. Although there wasn’t a big increase in usage from the prior month, year over year streaming volume was up 22.6%.

3BB5ADF9-A9CB-4D29-8D17-2288CD0987F1.png

Yawn. Yet more from someone who doesn’t even understand how TV ratings work.

Streaming “beat” (WRONG, just like last month, they split linear OTA and linear “cable” into two things) streaming in the rerun summer. Wow.

What I said, and you know this (or should, again you don’t even know how TV ratings work) was that linear ESPN will never be on streaming. And it still isn’t and never will be. The math is upthread.

But then again, I don’t have a business plan where 30M of the 30M people that watch the NFL pay for ST.

Mainly because I understand the TV business.

• Haha
Reactions: comp9
Streaming “beat” (WRONG, just like last month, they split linear OTA and linear “cable” into two things) streaming in the rerun summer. Wow.
Of course they split it, since you get your locals with Sat./Cable already.

But for those who stream only, OTA is the only way for them to get their locals.

But the point of that survey is more and more people are turning to streaming first because the newer/better content is there.

Have you seen the Fall TV Schedule…..yech, no wonder the ratings get less and less every year.
What I said, and you know this (or should, again you don’t even know how TV ratings work) was that linear ESPN will never be on streaming. And it still isn’t and never will be. The math is upthread.
And yet they keep putting more content on plus like MNF, which you said would not happen.
But then again, I don’t have a business plan where 30M of the 30M people that watch the NFL pay for ST.

Mainly because I understand the TV business.
Ok, what is your magnificent plan to stop the losses and start to gain back subscribers to Traditional Paid Live TV?

The ESPN app is NOT ESPN+
sure it is
I go to the ESPN app and see everything that ESPN has on air at that time or upcoming whether its on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN+, Longhorn, SEC etc. What you can view depends on your subscribed level. :)

There is no ESPN Plus app. Once in the ESPN app you can select ESPN+ just to see that criteria

Reactions: TheRatPatrol
sure it is
I go to the ESPN app and see everything that ESPN has on air at that time or upcoming whether its on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPN+, Longhorn, SEC etc. What you can view depends on your subscribed level. :)

There is no ESPN Plus app. Once in the ESPN app you can select ESPN+ just to see that criteria
Not enough there

Status
Please reply by conversation.