DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think die hard fans of their teams who aren't local will get the ticket, casual fans may not, I know people who don't watch football all the time, but they watch the Super Bowl, it's the biggest event of the year IMO, so even casual fans watch it.

But the whole 100M or 80M, how many of them are people that don't live in their teams state, area code, local, etc.... Just cause 100M people watched the SB doesn't mean 100M will sub to the ST.
And no one has said that, I believe it will be closer to 10 million, which is enough to make it profitable.

Reactions: JUCJ85
And no one has said that, I believe it will be closer to 10 million, which is enough to make it profitable.
I've already said I don't care who gets it, I'll be getting it, I'm actually looking forward to streaming only now that my ISP is fixed, hope Amazon or Apple gets it.

Just wonder when the NFL will announce who's getting it, and the details, cause this shouldn't be dragged on for so long, we should have known by now.

ST Online is down for everyone right now, just hope whoever gets it doesn't end up having this issue, that's my one gripe or concern is that the video goes out, I got it free this year so no biggie, but if I'm paying $300+ I better be getting what I paid for.

That doesn't make a lot of sense though. Think about it. If 80 or so million people/households are watching football games on Sunday Afternoon, why are only 20 or 25 million watching Sunday or Monday Night football?
If 80 million people watch football on a sunday afternoon why are they only charging advertisers for 20 million viewers?

I've already said I don't care who gets it, I'll be getting it, I'm actually looking forward to streaming only now that my ISP is fixed, hope Amazon or Apple gets it.

Just wonder when the NFL will announce who's getting it, and the details, cause this shouldn't be dragged on for so long, we should have known by now.
They Don't have deal yet..my money is on Disney/ESPN getting it

The Sunday Ticket satellite package is supposed to let you stream too right? At least it did last year. I tried to stream to a 2nd TV hooked up to a laptop (Main TV has satellite) and it said I couldn't watch on a computer. I know streaming is having issues today so I hope it's because of that.

The Sunday Ticket satellite package is supposed to let you stream too right? At least it did last year. I tried to stream to a 2nd TV hooked up to a laptop (Main TV has satellite) and it said I couldn't watch on a computer. I know streaming is having issues today so I hope it's because of that.
Yes, it seems to be working now, it wasn't earlier.

Yep, the streaming ST failed, again, this weekend. Just not ready for prime time.

As for the rest of this, please, get a grip. The ratings are what they are. 30M people watch the NFL at any one time. Fact. Arguing otherwise is not a different opinion. It is just not knowing what you are talking about.

It is really that simple.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
Yep, the streaming ST failed, again, this weekend. Just not ready for prime time.

As for the rest of this, please, get a grip. The ratings are what they are. 30M people watch the NFL at any one time. Fact. Arguing otherwise is not a different opinion. It is just not knowing what you are talking about.

Especially when they charge advertising rates fo 30 million people

You mean Directv isnt ready for Primetime.. Its there product... Dont worry soon someone who can handle it will take it over

Yeah, the Titans/Bills is the ESPN/ESPN2 game, the second one - which overlaps by about 90 minutes, is ABC/ESPN+.

1663631910341.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.