DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Using your logic..TNF football ratings should have increased because they switched to streaming...yet they dropped to half what cable/ satellite had....maybe streamers are not into sports but old people with cable/ satellite are
The reason the networks didn't want to bid on TNF was because the games were bad.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I've been out of this thread for awhile now, I come back to see if anything is NEW, Like actual News about the ST ...
Nope, same people going round and round.
Use to be a Great place to come and get news ...
This thread has never been a good source of information. 90% of the comments revolve around which is better, streaming or traditional. I only come here to get a laugh and shake my head.

Reactions: Mr Tony and meStevo
And again, YTTV is gaining subs, already at half what DirecTV Satellite is in it’s short lifespan.

DirecTV has them, charges extra and has lost about 11 million subs in 7 years and still losing about 400,000-500,000 subs every quarter.

Dish does not have them and it’s rate of loss is not as high as DirecTV.
So what..it just means directv is too expensive..and thats due to sports programming other linear providers don't have..not to mention they really have 14 million subs

This thread has never been a good source of information. 90% of the comments revolve around which is better, streaming or traditional. I only come here to get a laugh and shake my head.
The only news you need to know is that there is no news and still no NFL sunday ticket deal...been that way almost 4 years now

So what..it just means directv is too expensive..and thats due to sports programming other linear providers don't have..not to mention they really have 14 million subs
No, they have 13.3 million which includes Uverse and Stream.

But I was focusing on the Sat side because of ST.

DIRECTV's video subscriber base (combined DIRECTV, U-verse, DIRECTV Stream) is the third largest traditional multi-channel video programming distributor (MVPD) in the U.S. with approximately 13.3 million subscribers at the end of 3Q22, behind Comcast which has 16.6 million video subscribers and Charter Communications, Inc. which has 15.3 million video subscribers.

No, they have 13.3 million which includes Uverse and Stream.

But I was focusing on the Sat side because of ST.

DIRECTV's video subscriber base (combined DIRECTV, U-verse, DIRECTV Stream) is the third largest traditional multi-channel video programming distributor (MVPD) in the U.S. with approximately 13.3 million subscribers at the end of 3Q22, behind Comcast which has 16.6 million video subscribers and Charter Communications, Inc. which has 15.3 million video subscribers.

Who cares..everyone knows directv is expensive because they cater to sports fans....you move expensive sports to streaming..ratings drop..TNF...revenue drops..its a vicious cycle

The only sports YTTV does not have is the local RSN, which does not seem to stop the growth of subscribers to it’s service, already at 5 million and growing.
I think YTTV Carries the NBC SPortsnet RSN’s but not the Bally’s ones

I posted that on Monday before the ‘chirping’ between the same people started back up

I posted that on Monday before the ‘chirping’ between the same people started back up
Who cares...they don't seem to want to pay the NFL’S asking price and meet their requirements..Apple can't make their own rules

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs and meStevo

As of 9:23 pm tonight, it looks like Apple is gone as well ...
Good, always have written here that Amazon is a better fit.

Now if Amazon increases the Prime fee $50 more, include ST, that is $3.5 Billion ( based on 70 Million Household Prime members).

That does two things, NFL gets their money and access to a lot more fans, which helps grow the NFL.

• Haha
Reactions: SamCdbs
Status
Please reply by conversation.