DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So you let apple track you....lol

Apple isn't making money from selling your personal information for ads - the only ads they do are in the app store app and I think the stock app.

Google makes over 100% of its profit from advertising (because they collectively lose money on everything else, including products like cloud where other companies are making billions) while Apple makes less than 2% of its profit from advertising.

The relative importance of data collection between Google and Apple couldn't be any more stark.

Now if you want to believe Apple is collecting all your data anyway just to be bastards even though they don't have any use for it, I guess I can't stop you from that idea.

Apple isn't making money from selling your personal information for ads - the only ads they do are in the app store app and I think the stock app.

Google makes over 100% of its profit from advertising (because they collectively lose money on everything else, including products like cloud where other companies are making billions) while Apple makes less than 2% of its profit from advertising.

The relative importance of data collection between Google and Apple couldn't be any more stark.

Now if you want to believe Apple is collecting all your data anyway just to be bastards even though they don't have any use for it, I guess I can't stop you from that idea.
Don't buy that they are not making money off of personal info..they all do....take a couple classes on cell phone forensics..data mining..data analytics..then you need to know what data your phone carrier and ISP is collecting and selling..not to mention websites..then you have big bad google analytics sorting it all

Reactions: John2021 and AZ.

How can you make more than 100%?

If your profit was $1 and you made $1.50 from product A and lost $0.50 from product B, then you made 150% of your profit from product A.
You said "Google makes over 100% of its profit from advertising". Profit is the total of money made. You can't make more than you make.

Does anyone know since directv is losing Sunday ticket if they’ll be getting the red zone channel, similar to how dish network has it? I’m actually happy that directv is losing Sunday ticket as I’m hoping that I can get red zone for a lower price than having to subscribe to the whole Sunday ticket package.

Does anyone know since directv is losing Sunday ticket if they’ll be getting the red zone channel, similar to how dish network has it? I’m actually happy that directv is losing Sunday ticket as I’m hoping that I can get red zone for a lower price than having to subscribe to the whole Sunday ticket package.
My guess is how much the NFL charges ( per sub fee), if it is inexpensive enough, then DirecTV could add it to certain packages without an extra costs.

But a few things might work against that idea, one, the NFL is never cheap, two, DirecTV is in cost savings mode, hoping for that merger, sale or the end in 5-7 years.

Lastly, depends on the Google deal, will they be allowed to offer it to other providers next season, will ST being on YT now affect it, who knows.

You said "Google makes over 100% of its profit from advertising". Profit is the total of money made. You can't make more than you make.

Uh, I just showed you the math above. You most certainly can if you lose money on something else. Did you miss addition and subtraction in second grade?

Reactions: Juan
Uh, I just showed you the math above. You most certainly can if you lose money on something else. Did you miss addition and subtraction in second grade?
He is writing that profit is a total.

Like if I made $50 on a $100 investment, that $50 is 100% of the Profit .

So if I used $25 of that $50 for something else, I am using 50% of that profit,

So if I made $100 on that $100 investment, that $100 I made is still 100% of the profit.

Hope I have that right.

If you lose money on something else, that's something else. Profit is the total amount you make after costs. You can't make more than you make. And FYI, I was #3 in math in my graduating class. I got a 680 on the Math 1 achievements and a 610 on the math 2. Math 2 is third year college level. And I did it stoned. So yeah, I know math.

If you lose money on something else, that's something else. Profit is the total amount you make after costs. You can't make more than you make. And FYI, I was #3 in math in my graduating class. I got a 680 on the Math 1 achievements and a 610 on the math 2. Math 2 is third year college level. And I did it stoned. So yeah, I know math.
Most businesses look at ROI to determine profit..not total profit ..ROI is the percentage spent vs sold

Most businesses look at ROI to determine profit..not total profit ..ROI is the percentage spent vs sold
I don't care how you figure profit, you can't make more than you make!

Huh? Profit is the total of what you make. You can't make more than the total! How many different ways do I have to explain it?
I explained it up top, he is choosing to ignore it, here it is again-

He is writing that profit is a total.

Like if I made $50 on a $100 investment, that $50 is 100% of the Profit .

So if I used $25 of that $50 for something else, I am using 50% of that profit,

So if I made $100 on that $100 investment, that $100 I made is still 100% of the profit.

Here I thought the discussion would be more on point, what with the recent news. Boy, was I wrong.....

What is there to talk about on point? There are a couple of facts and lots of questions about implementation. That leads to speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.