DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Which analysts are saying the traditional providers are fine losing millions of subscribers, with the bottom yet to be discovered?
All of them. That is why there is massive investment in broadcasters at all levels.

Meanwhile, streaming loses money. What exactly must happen for it to make money?

And, a double feature:

Just not ready for primetime.

You talk about this like these thngs can't be overcome. WWE's first attempt to live stream a PPV failed. Fox Soccer had the infamous (for football fans) Liverpool v Man United freeze, MST3k's Gizmoplex had "The Dot" on their first go. These things were overcome.

All of them. That is why there is massive investment in broadcasters at all levels.
Post some links then.

All you do is rant away, but go ahead and post links ( which you never do to prove your theories), show something that Traditional Providers will not lose another 6-7 Million subs this year.

And I already posted a link in the cord cutter forum, Paid Live TV would of lost over 7 Million in 2022, but over a million went to services like YTTV, so a total loss of 5.9 million.
Meanwhile, streaming loses money. What exactly must happen for it to make money?
Hulu, Netflix and Discovery+ all make profits, others will by next year, if not shut them down, how the free market works.

How much is AT&T losing on DirecTV, paid $67 Billion, now a paper worth of $15 Billion, the profits made since the purchase does not even come close to what was paid for it, no one wants to buy it or merge with at DirecTV terms, a company that will have losses in the 3 million subscribers range this year.
And, a double feature:

Just not ready for primetime.
Services go down, it happens, both Comcast and Charter had major outages the last couple of months, Cable TV, Broadband or both.

You talk about this like these thngs can't be overcome. WWE's first attempt to live stream a PPV failed. Fox Soccer had the infamous (for football fans) Liverpool v Man United freeze, MST3k's Gizmoplex had "The Dot" on their first go. These things were overcome.
Maybe we should all get together and sing kumbahya

Post some links then.

Pick a broadcasting stock. Any one, any level. Every investor disagrees with your idea that broadcasting will not exist in four years. You don't understand the market. You google up some story, usually 10 or 12 times a month, about the unprofitable streaming industry and wrongly conclude that, for some reason, there are people that want streaming (streaming only, unlike yourself, a linear TV subscriber) but don't yet have it.
All you do is rant away, but go ahead and post links ( which you never do to prove your theories), show something that Traditional Providers will not lose another 6-7 Million subs this year.
Why would they? People are sitting around waiting for steaming to come to their town?
And I already posted a link in the cord cutter forum, Paid Live TV would of lost over 7 Million in 2022, but over a million went to services like YTTV, so a total loss of 5.9 million.
Yep, that is peak streaming. Everyone that wants it, has it.

The clear winners in this, and I had this one, are Sony (Columbia) and Fox. Sony stayed out of this unprofitable venture and can thus feed the insatiable hunger the unprofitable streamers have for content. They profit, while everyone else of the old big Hollywood studios loses money paying them. Fox sold its library and studio to Disney, to feed the unprofitable Disney Bundle (along with the RSNs, which are a different story and its "general rerun" channels of FX and FXX, which IMHO the "general rerun" channel is dying genre), and kept the mega profitable OTA channels and, mega profitable Fox News, and the still profitable Fox Sports (which I look for them to find a sucker to buy that before that genre dies, probably Disney again, or Comcast).
Hulu, Netflix and Discovery+ all make profits, others will by next year, if not shut them down, how the free market works.
Why? What EXACTLY must happen, what EXACTLY will be different next year, or in 20 years? What EXACTLY? Streaming is not profitable. Lots of entertainment forms over they years were fine. And unprofitable. Like streaming.

And, yes, that is how the "free market" works. Which is why streaming is a bubble.

And that is not a "theory". It is what investors think. They, and I, understand this industry.

How much is AT&T losing on DirecTV, paid $67 Billion, now a paper worth of $15 Billion, the profits made since the purchase does not even come close to what was paid for it, no one wants to buy it or merge with at DirecTV terms, a company that will have losses in the 3 million subscribers range this year.
Again, you don't understand the first year business school concept of profit and loss versus loss on asset value decline. The amount AT&T has lost on DirecTV is zero, since it remains profitable, unlike streaming.
Services go down, it happens, both Comcast and Charter had major outages the last couple of months, Cable TV, Broadband or both.
Really? When did DirecTV go down last? OTA TV? Streaming is not ready for primetime vis live events.

Pick a broadcasting stock. Any one, any level. Every investor disagrees with your idea that broadcasting will not exist in four years.
Never posted that, I wrote DirecTV has 3-4 years before they are unprofitable and 5 years at the most until they are gone.

The satellite part of DirecTV is losing, on average, 2 million a year, this year is expected to be a extra million gone because of ST leaving, so even if they go back to their average of 2 million a year leaving, that is 7 million gone in 3 years, 2023-3 million, 2024-2 million, 2025-2 million.

So then they will be unprofitable by 2026 at the latest.

Unless there is a merger, but that just delays the inevitable.

Never posted that, I wrote DirecTV has 3-4 years before they are unprofitable and 5 years at the most until they are gone.

The satellite part of DirecTV is losing, on average, 2 million a year, this year is expected to be a extra million gone because of ST leaving, so even if they go back to their average of 2 million a year leaving, that is 7 million gone in 3 years, 2023-3 million, 2024-2 million, 2025-2 million.

So then they will be unprofitable by 2026 at the latest.

Unless there is a merger, but that just delays the inevitable.
Opinion?..or do u have links?

Pick a broadcasting stock

Since DirecTV has nothing comparable to track, here's DISH, who I think most here would agree is in a healthier position...

(Bloomberg) -- Dish Network Corp. fell to a 24-year low Wednesday after Barclays became the most recent Wall Street analyst firm to cut the stock’s target price in what has been a challenging year for the nation’s second-largest satellite TV provider.

Estimated earnings show they are expecting them to report a loss as early as next year, with average estimates predicting a loss for 2025.

Or is this another one of those situations where it literally says what you said it wouldn't (like Sunday Ticket being a standalone service) so you'll tell us this is wrong?

Since DirecTV has nothing comparable to track, here's DISH, who I think most here would agree is in a healthier position...

(Bloomberg) -- Dish Network Corp. fell to a 24-year low Wednesday after Barclays became the most recent Wall Street analyst firm to cut the stock’s target price in what has been a challenging year for the nation’s second-largest satellite TV provider.

Estimated earnings show they are expecting them to report a loss as early as next year, with average estimates predicting a loss for 2025.

Or is this another one of those situations where it literally says what you said it wouldn't (like Sunday Ticket being a standalone service) so you'll tell us this is wrong?
Can you show us Sunday Ticket making a profit as a stand alone service?

Can you show us Sunday Ticket making a profit as a stand alone service?
It's never existed without special conditions or thousands annually in required services before now, so that data does not yet exist, if it were to.

But hey, at least you guys acknowledge the standalone service exists. Progress.

It's never existed without special conditions or thousands annually in required services before now, so that data does not yet exist, if it were to.

But hey, at least you guys acknowledge the standalone service exists. Progress.
It existed with play station for those students who cared to buy it without directv

While I think the new NFL ST prices are a big high for non YTTV subs, it's still something I will get each year, just buy it pre June, I would go YTTV but they don't have YES Network, only DirecTV Stream has it of the streaming options.

Then there's the Nexstar dispute, I'm affected by it, I lost my local FOX network, since October of 2022, still not back, but no discounts available for me from DTV, I wish I could cut the cord, but I have ppl in my family that just don't want streaming only, so I'll be keeping DTV for now.

While I think the new NFL ST prices are a big high for non YTTV subs, it's still something I will get each year, just buy it pre June, I would go YTTV but they don't have YES Network, only DirecTV Stream has it of the streaming options.

Then there's the Nexstar dispute, I'm affected by it, I lost my local FOX network, since October of 2022, still not back, but no discounts available for me from DTV, I wish I could cut the cord, but I have ppl in my family that just don't want streaming only, so I'll be keeping DTV for now.
June is a one time deal

June is a one time deal
As in 1 time only? So it'll go up $100 next year for everyone, not sure why they would do that, seems like they'd be smart to do early deals like they are now with before June 6th, I get paid next Friday, so that's when I'm buying NFL ST with RZC

As in 1 time only? So it'll go up $100 next year for everyone, not sure why they would do that, seems like they'd be smart to do early deals like they are now with before June 6th, I get paid next Friday, so that's when I'm buying NFL ST with RZC
Yeah, no reason not to expect a similar promotion next year, no press or history stating otherwise so he's just going with negative/FUD draw people down the rabbit hole.

Status
Please reply by conversation.