DIRECTV Up To Bat with Fully-Loaded MLB EXTRA INNINGS(R) SuperFan(R) Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That might be the answer but that is no way to run a business. I'm paying for MLB. I'm paying for HD. Now I have to pay to get MLB in HD.

I don't know...I always considered the HD fee for access to D*s HD channels. MLB is in fact a whole new package and....like it or not, it is seperate. Hey, I understand the complaint, as I said, saw a lot of it last year, listened and decided for myself that this is the way it is and at least their is a compelling argument both ways. At least the value of SuperFan has gone way up in the last two years, agreed?

In keeping with the spirit here, let's all bitch about those lying DirecTV ads saying you will get "up to 40" HD games a week.

Don't they realize they are providing HD coverage of close to 60 games in each of the first two weeks?!!!

Do they take us for morons?!!!

Make them stop those deceitful ads.

----------

Can the bitching and whining never stop?

And a question: If only one HD game can be watched at a time, I assume the same goes for Cinemax channels -- so why would anyone need six HD versions of the Cinemax feeds? You can only watch one at a time, after all.

In keeping with the spirit here, let's all bitch about those lying DirecTV ads saying you will get "up to 40" HD games a week.

Don't they realize they are providing HD coverage of close to 60 games in each of the first two weeks?!!!

Do they take us for morons?!!!

Make them stop those deceitful ads.

----------

Can the bitching and whining never stop?

And a question: If only one HD game can be watched at a time, I assume the same goes for Cinemax channels -- so why would anyone need six HD versions of the Cinemax feeds? You can only watch one at a time, after all.
Who has 6 versions of Cinemax feed? There are 8 Different Cinemax channels out there. But No company I know carrys more then 2 in HD. And why would I try to watch more then one movie at a time,Just like I wouldn't watch more then one baseball game at a time. At least when I pay for HD access I can get Cinemax in HD, But when paying for MLB pack it doesn't come in HD. That costs extra! And you still have to have HD access!

Well the difference is far more people record movies and watch them later, sometimes much later, than live sports.

And far more pubs and sports bars show every baseball game than show every movie. Selling the sports packages to commercial establishments is BIG money to DirecTV.

Point is, everyone has different tastes, and there is no making everyone happy.

EDIT IN:
And I don't know a single sports bar that doesn't have DirecTV (I am sure there are some). Some do have cable or DISH also. They all advertise ALL NFL games, ALL MLB games, etc.

http://www.directv.com/images/Direc...s_and_Restaurants_Public_Viewing_Packages.pdf

You must frequent the larger more family friendly bars. The real bars are partial to their hometown teams, and if you don't support them, you may go home without all your teeth. So no need for out of town sports packages.

The real bars are partial to their hometown teams, and if you don't support them, you may go home without all your teeth. So no need for out of town sports packages.
This is true! I wouldn't go to any bar within 100 mile of my house to watch the Red SOX. NO WAY! I live in Yankee,Phillies,Mets ONLY Town!

You must frequent the larger more family friendly bars. The real bars are partial to their hometown teams, and if you don't support them, you may go home without all your teeth. So no need for out of town sports packages.

What is the hometown team in Podunk?

I come from where there is hardcore sports fans(New England) and live now in the same environment(Philadelphia). There are bars all over both places that advertise MLB, NFL and College sports packs available.

Let me ask you this: Why do more bars with Direct than there are with other providers?

Since I know you will not answer, let me answer for you. Most bars, especially sports bar show multiple games, especially during football season. There is a huge market for out of town sports which is why the overwhelming majority of bars have Direct over any other provider. They use their sports packages not available with other providers. Every bar I go to not only has the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, USC, and/or UCLA, they also have a multitude of other games on at the same time. This is ONLY possible with DirecTV.

Let me ask you this: Why do more bars with Direct than there are with other providers?

Since I know you will not answer, let me answer for you. Most bars, especially sports bar show multiple games, especially during football season. There is a huge market for out of town sports which is why the overwhelming majority of bars have Direct over any other provider. They use their sports packages not available with other providers. Every bar I go to not only has the Lakers, Dodgers, Angels, USC, and/or UCLA, they also have a multitude of other games on at the same time. This is ONLY possible with DirecTV.
I don't know to many bars ,atleast in my area that have satellite. Mostly cable.

That's great if you go to those types of places, but the only bars I go to have much more of a local type atmosphere. Ever watch cheers?

Most bars in my area advertise that they have the sports packagesbecause if your local team is on cable no reason to go watch them at bars for most people

Most bars in my area advertise that they have the sports packagesbecause if your local team is on cable no reason to go watch them at bars for most people

Sure there is, if they can't be in the stadium a lot of people would rather watch their team play with other people and friends than alone at home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts