DirecTV upgrade and RV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryan0rZ

Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I currently have an extremely old DirecTV set up. I think it's circa 1996. It's just a simple 1 dish, 1 head, 1 room setup. I've even moved once since I purchased it. So basically, I own the dish.

I was looking at upgrading to a multi-room set up (2 DVRs and another room). From my understanding, this comes with a new dish, and me being required to run some new cables throughout the house. Which isn't a big deal.

My question is, since I own the other dish, I was wondering if I could mount it on my RV and add that as an "extra room" for the $5/extra or whatever a month?

Additionally, I was looking at possibly buying a cottage a hundred or so miles north of me, would it be possible to do the same listed above, just in a more permanent set up?

Thanks for any help.
-- Ryan

I currently have an extremely old DirecTV set up. I think it's circa 1996. It's just a simple 1 dish, 1 head, 1 room setup. I've even moved once since I purchased it. So basically, I own the dish.

I was looking at upgrading to a multi-room set up (2 DVRs and another room). From my understanding, this comes with a new dish, and me being required to run some new cables throughout the house. Which isn't a big deal.

My question is, since I own the other dish, I was wondering if I could mount it on my RV and add that as an "extra room" for the $5/extra or whatever a month?

Additionally, I was looking at possibly buying a cottage a hundred or so miles north of me, would it be possible to do the same listed above, just in a more permanent set up?

Thanks for any help.
-- Ryan

Yes, On both accounts, but you would not want to let them know or they would like you to pay for an addl. account.

Many people do this, I have a rec in the RV as we speak.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)