Directv What are you thinking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I count DirecTV as having 43 national HD channels and Dish Network as having 34 national HD channels.
Dish Network
1 A&E HD
2 ABC Family HD
3 Animal Planet HD
4 Big Ten Network HD
5 Biography Channel HD
6 Bravo HD
7 Cartoon Network
8 CNBC HD+
9 CNN HD
10 Discovery Channel HD
11 Disney Channel HD
12 ESPN HD
13 ESPN2 HD
14 ESPNews HD
15 Food Network HD
16 Halmark HD
17 HD Theater
18 HDNet
19 HGTV-HD
20 History Channel HD
21 Lifetime HD
22 National Geographic Channel HD
23 NFL Network HD
24 Science Channel HD
25 Sci-Fi Channel HD
26 TBS in HD
27 Tennis Channel HD
28 The Weather Channel HD
29 TLC HD
30 TNT HD
31 Toon Disney HD
32 Travel HD
33 USA Network HD
34 VERSUS HD/GOLF CHANNEL HD
You forgot Planet green HD and WGN HD, Liftime Movie Network HD, CBS-C HD, MHD, These are also in the top 250 pack ,with HD essentials.

I see where you are coming from, but D* knew good and ready that D11 was coming. They had the time and opportunites to finalize the contracts to get stuff up now. While there was not new hd expected, some did pop up and could have been added. We all know that outdoor2hd has been up for years now. Why hasnt that been added? The could have also launched place holders for the channels expected to launch like they did with the viacom channels wich havent show one bit of HD.

point well taken!

Since they have little original content, it is a chick station, they stretch the SD programming (which is most of it), and I rather watch blurry 4:3 SD than stretch 16:9 clear SD, there is no reason for me to want this channel.

Why do networks do this? People can stretch the content on their own if they want. If it is already stretched, we cannot put it back to its normal aspect ratio. I wish they would leave everything in it proper aspect ratio.

well, i happen to love army wives. and i wouldn't object to seeing it upconverted and stretched until next season when i presume it will be in hd!

So if there are channels suppost to be launching contractually next month we better see them launching on the first. or the 15th. They just need to notify coustomers that, thats what there doing through press relaeases and stuff.

Welcome, to our world of waiting; wondering and anticapating on whether Charlie and his crew is gonna give E* subs, the HD Channel (MSG Family of Channels) we need to see our team (Buffalo Sabres) in hd this fall/winter. or are we gonna have to go through the hassle of switching to D* or god forbid TWC, just to get that channel.

On the whole, from where I can see, D* has been pretty much upfront with their subs on telling them what they will be offering them in HD in the future. E* on the other hand; it is like pulling teeth just trying to find out if the channel you watched last night won't be pulled during the night (voom), and be given those world class channels World Fishing Network or Green HD.

well, i happen to love army wives. and i wouldn't object to seeing it upconverted and stretched until next season when i presume it will be in hd!
I would rather watch it on 4:3 blurry SD than a crisper 16:9 upconverted stretch. Distortion bothers me to no end.

You forgot Planet green HD and WGN HD, Liftime Movie Network HD, CBS-C HD, MHD, These are also in the top 250 pack ,with HD essentials.

I didn't add them, as they wern't on Dish Network's website.

2cn9qwi.jpg

If I am not mistaken this show as are many others on Lifetime are in hd and NOT upconverted.

Programs on Lifetime that were 2001 and after are hd. Before then most are upconverted.

Welcome, to our world of waiting; wondering and anticapating on whether Charlie and his crew is gonna give E* subs, the HD Channel (MSG Family of Channels) we need to see our team (Buffalo Sabres) in hd this fall/winter. or are we gonna have to go through the hassle of switching to D* or god forbid TWC, just to get that channel.

On the whole, from where I can see, D* has been pretty much upfront with their subs on telling them what they will be offering them in HD in the future. E* on the other hand; it is like pulling teeth just trying to find out if the channel you watched last night won't be pulled during the night (voom), and be given those world class channels World Fishing Network or Green HD.

I dont know why you havent jumped over to D* yet. I can see the MSG family sute of channels, and im in Chicago :D. Honestly if dish didnt have my RSN I wouldnt be there.. oh wait.. im not there im with D*.. yep still waiting for dish to add Comcast Sports Net Chicago HD in full time, so I will continue watching all my sox, cubs, bulls, blackhawks over here at D*, where I know I will get every game. :)

DirecTV needs to carefully pick what national HD channels they carry. As when these are filled up this is it for new HD until another satellite is launched and thats over a year away.

I do wish they would turn on Outdoor Channel HD as I know its uplinked and no satellite provider carries it at the moment.

Does this mean that they'll be ending at 130 this year?

I thought they intended to get to 150 like dish...

I dont know why you havent jumped over to D* yet. I can see the MSG family sute of channels, and im in Chicago :D. Honestly if dish didnt have my RSN I wouldnt be there.. oh wait.. im not there im with D*.. yep still waiting for dish to add Comcast Sports Net Chicago HD in full time, so I will continue watching all my sox, cubs, bulls, blackhawks over here at D*, where I know I will get every game. :)

I thought blackhawks weren't allowed to be on TV.:D Anyways, enjoy that Buffalo Boy you got in Patrick Kane, and I wish I could just go purchase season tickets to my hockey team, like you folks can.

Oh and I guaranntee you, that I will see more of my Sabres games in HD this year, than the Blackhawks will broadcast:).

Maybe D* needs to take the 18 HD-PPV channels and put some very old shows up. Clean them up like HDN did with Hogan's Heros.

I'm thinking 24 hours of....
Andy Griffith Show.
Gilligan's Island.
Rockford Files.
Superman (George Reeves)
Flash Gordan

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I thought blackhawks weren't allowed to be on TV.:D Anyways, enjoy that Buffalo Boy you got in Patrick Kane, and I wish I could just go purchase season tickets to my hockey team, like you folks can.

Oh and I guaranntee you, that I will see more of my Sabres games in HD this year, than the Blackhawks will broadcast:).

Actually, Every blakhawks game will be in HD this year. EVERY GAME! They signed a deal with WGNHD, and Comcast Sports Net Chicago with a couple mixed in there on NBC. All home and away games will be on one of those two channels. ;) I will be enjoying seeing Patrick Kane all everyone else.. Especally when were kicking the Islanders ass in the Stanley Cup :D

Blackhawks are also playing a game at Wrigley Field I believe. I am not a fan of hockey really, but I sure would like to see a hockey game being played at Wrigley. It would be neat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)