DIRECTV will offer more than 40 High-Definition TV channels by next summer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In addition to adding HD channels as a result of the 2 new satellites, I hope DTV also uses some bandwidth from those satellites to improve SD transmissions, especially on NFL football. As it stands now, the PQ of SD football games is pitiful, and far short of the "DVD Quality" that they tout for SD programming.

Jeff

I have seen & heard the "digital picture" comment, but can you please post a link or pic showing that specific DVD comment?

Mr. Negativity is back!

They will have whatever they can add to the bandwidth they have at the time, but no more.

AND they still wont have the NLF ST/ST-HD or the FOX voom-like package if/when it materializes sometime late 2007.

So what's your point; other than the usual negativity?

My point it's ridiculous trying to compare hd offerings mid next year from the various providers now, going by vague press releases and speculation. Directv still has a lot of work to do to become the best option for hdtv, and one should not assume the other providers will add nothing.

LOL, and how do you how many channels the "other guys" will have then.

E* not many. What are their announce plans to add more capacity? Apparently they are at capacity or they would be adding more channels as we type. Hell E* cannot even add LiL or RSN or A&E like they claim.

E* not many. What are their announce plans to add more capacity? Apparently they are at capacity or they would be adding more channels as we type. Hell E* cannot even add LiL or RSN or A&E like they claim.

And since when is it required to announce new channel lineups more than 6 months ahead of time or the acquisition of further satellite capacity? You have no idea what dish will be offering then, or any provider.

But I'm sure you think all other providers will sit around and do nothing while directv becomes the hd leader......right.

It appears E* has more channels in HD...D* has more QUALITY...is that right? I've read several places that both HD and SD picture quality on DISH, esp. LiL locals, has seriously degraded the last few months.

No, that Voom sat is not their main HD provider- I don't know that they are using it for HD at all. They already had a sat at 61.5 - & at 129, providing HD.

And since when is it required to announce new channel lineups more than 6 months ahead of time or the acquisition of further satellite capacity? You have no idea what dish will be offering then, or any provider.

But I'm sure you think all other providers will sit around and do nothing while directv becomes the hd leader......right.

Have you seen ANYWHERE any info about DISH building their own Sats and having them in development stage to be launched ??????

At least D* is making progress, slowly but surely.

Jimbo

No, that Voom sat is not their main HD provider- I don't know that they are using it for HD at all. They already had a sat at 61.5 - & at 129, providing HD.

Thats right, I forgot the 61 sat., 61 and 129, quite a streach, no wonder you can't get DISH on one dish.

Jimbo

Thats right, I forgot the 61 sat., 61 and 129, quite a streach, no wonder you can't get DISH on one dish.

Jimbo

The next time you come down for a hockey game come back over to the house and see my Dish HD with a single dish the size of a phase III!

sad to say it but "mid 2007" comment makes me happy I switched. As mentioned above they always roll out slow it seems so my 18 month contract will be within a couple months of being up and I can come back to D* if they had their HD house in order then. :confused:

No, you want EITHER 129 or 61.5 for HD, not both. Dish has 2 dishes, the 1000 and the 1000+ for getting 110, 119 & 129, which will pretty much cover almost everyone's needs.

And yes, I believe Dish has another sat going up the end of 2007 and one more planned after that. And they are leasing space on 129, which will be replaced by the owner.

And yes, I believe Dish has another sat going up the end of 2007 and one more planned after that. And they are leasing space on 129, which will be replaced by the owner.

If this is the case, hows come no one has mentioned it ?
Do you suppose DISH saw the grief that D* is taking for letting the public know about thier future plans ?

I bet D* doesn't tell people about big changes comeing next time until just before it happens.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts