Directv Wireless Video Bridge for Genie wireless

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larrymw

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
So Cal
I am considering adding a wireless genie mini to my home, I already have the Genie HD DVR, Directv tells me I need a Wireless Video Bridge, but they said they don't sell them. I see them available on ebay and amazon (they are expensive), is that my only option or is there something else I can use to connect to wireless mini to the main dvr? I hope that makes sense! Thanks.

if you're out of contract, which it doesnt sound like you are, you can usually add wireless mini's for free but have to pay the $99 + tax for the WVB. otherwise its an additional $99 for the mini itself as well. on the rare occasion D* DOES waive the $99 WVB fee, but this is much less common since AT&T took over. usually something was royally jacked up and took considerable amount of time to fix.

I've never seen an upgrade offer with wireless. But I think one of the reasons thay always charge for the WVB is that as far as I know you own it, it's not leased.

We bought new house this June and moved in at the end of July. I called DirecTV at the end of June to schedule move of my services. While on the phone the told me that I was eligible for great upgrades.

In the old house we had:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR
HR24 DVR

In the new house we have:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR

Upgrades:

C41W wireless mini Genie - free
Wireless bridge - free
Installation - free
New contract - free
$25.00 off from monthly bill for the 2 years of new contract - free

We have Russian package so I always call Russian customer service and they are very very friendly.

yes the WVB is owned hardware, like the GenieGo was, but i've still seen it. southern Wisconsin is pretty D* heavy don't know if that has anything to do with the available offers.

We bought new house this June and moved in at the end of July. I called DirecTV at the end of June to schedule move of my services. While on the phone the told me that I was eligible for great upgrades.

In the old house we had:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR
HR24 DVR

In the new house we have:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR

Upgrades:

Wireless bridge - free
Installation - free
New contract - free
$25.00 off from monthly bill for the 2 years of new contract - free

We have Russian package so I always call Russian customer service and they are very very friendly.
I would have kept the two hr24s, just my personal preference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)