Directv Wireless Video Bridge for Genie wireless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

larrymw

Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
So Cal
I am considering adding a wireless genie mini to my home, I already have the Genie HD DVR, Directv tells me I need a Wireless Video Bridge, but they said they don't sell them. I see them available on ebay and amazon (they are expensive), is that my only option or is there something else I can use to connect to wireless mini to the main dvr? I hope that makes sense! Thanks.

if you're out of contract, which it doesnt sound like you are, you can usually add wireless mini's for free but have to pay the $99 + tax for the WVB. otherwise its an additional $99 for the mini itself as well. on the rare occasion D* DOES waive the $99 WVB fee, but this is much less common since AT&T took over. usually something was royally jacked up and took considerable amount of time to fix.

I've never seen an upgrade offer with wireless. But I think one of the reasons thay always charge for the WVB is that as far as I know you own it, it's not leased.

We bought new house this June and moved in at the end of July. I called DirecTV at the end of June to schedule move of my services. While on the phone the told me that I was eligible for great upgrades.

In the old house we had:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR
HR24 DVR

In the new house we have:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR

Upgrades:

C41W wireless mini Genie - free
Wireless bridge - free
Installation - free
New contract - free
$25.00 off from monthly bill for the 2 years of new contract - free

We have Russian package so I always call Russian customer service and they are very very friendly.

yes the WVB is owned hardware, like the GenieGo was, but i've still seen it. southern Wisconsin is pretty D* heavy don't know if that has anything to do with the available offers.

We bought new house this June and moved in at the end of July. I called DirecTV at the end of June to schedule move of my services. While on the phone the told me that I was eligible for great upgrades.

In the old house we had:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR
HR24 DVR

In the new house we have:

HR44 Genie
HR24 DVR

Upgrades:

Wireless bridge - free
Installation - free
New contract - free
$25.00 off from monthly bill for the 2 years of new contract - free

We have Russian package so I always call Russian customer service and they are very very friendly.
I would have kept the two hr24s, just my personal preference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)