DirecTV2PC Issues & Feedback

I still only have the one key that showed up. I turned off one of the monitors on my main PC to test it out and it works great, but I don't see myself doing that very often. Dual monitors is pretty much a must for me most of the time.

Now this thing has really got my biscuits burnin'.

Got home today, saw the reply to my post, so I did the network test, which passed, and gave me the "successful, DOD may take 24 hours, etc, etc". When I fired up directv2pc, now it can't find a server, regardless of my firewall settings.

AAAARGH!!!!!

Same issue as before. The server pulled a "Lucky Charms" on me and magically appeared. Still get the same cannot connect to server error, however.

stopped working

Installed perfect can see my receiver and can connect but when I go to play a recording screen pops up and says Directv2pc has stop working and will now close I rebooted PC but to no avail still getting same message.:mad:

Somehow I got it working. I can now view both HD and SD shows, but they are playing too fast to be watchable. Sound is also a problem, as it sounds like an episode of the Chipmunks.

Anyone have any ideas?

Video's Audio is protected content

Does anyone is getting this error?
"The audio's video is protected content and cannot be played back"
I did a fresh clean install of Windows Vista in my computer, and in some movies I'm getting that error. My drivers are updated, Win vista has all updates available. I tried removing my sound card an using the one integrated in the motherboard, but same result.
If I use my laptop, I can play the movie with no problem.
I'm attaching a screen shot of the error and my configuracion.

Attachments

• video's audio protected content.jpg
    video's audio protected content.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 117
  • CONFIG.jpg
    CONFIG.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 120
No, but I can see the advisor is recommending you update your driver set on at least one component; maybe you need to do this across the board for all components; as well as making sure your mobo has it's latest firmware.

Ok, I did a pretty thorough search but wasn't able to find help. I installed D*2pc on 2 pcs--1 works flawlessly, the other will play the movie for 3-4 minutes, movie stops, error message pops up with a lost connection to the server error. I can immediately click OK and my hr20 is listed & I can reconnect--but it will not play for more than a few minutes every time. BTW, everything is hardwired. Any ideas? Could this be a pc issue(vice a network one)--the pc doesn't pass the advisor?

HDCP compliance

I did a fresh clean install of Windows Vista in my computer, and in some movies I'm getting that error. My drivers are updated, Win vista has all updates available. I tried removing my sound card an using the one integrated in the motherboard, but same result.
If I use my laptop, I can play the movie with no problem.
I'm attaching a screen shot of the error and my configuracion.

According to the advisor results, you are not HDCP compliant, therefore this particular machine will not play HDCP content :(

OK, 1 Gbps switch backbone with wireless N at 300 Mbps and Comcast Internet with 13 Mbps down/2.5 Mbps up. So I have a really fast and robust network. I have Xbox 360 connected to my network that views HD video from my Windows Media Center. I can do that on 3 PC's simultaneously along with Slingbox running and Snapstream BeyondTV too. So its really robust.

Same laptop runs Snapstream BeyondTV in HD and Slingbox Solo with DVD quality (its not really HD) and screams. I mean screams. So this product needs work.

I think that if you are running 1Gb wired LAN throughout the system, there should not be any issues with connections, stuttering, etc.

I can watch any of my HR-20's (100 & 700) on my 2.8 Mhz machine with 4Gb of RAM and a so-so video card. Both audio and video is great. I run 1Gb wired throughout the house. :D

My only issue is with Media Share. When are they going to fix that!!:mad:

I added another caveat to this application in that thread.

You cannot play a video if you have a PC with 2 monitors. There is a check limit and the video will refuse to play if it senses a second monitor.

I think that if you are running 1Gb wired LAN throughout the system, there should not be any issues with connections, stuttering, etc.

I can watch any of my HR-20's (100 & 700) on my 2.8 Mhz machine with 4Gb of RAM and a so-so video card. Both audio and video is great. I run 1Gb wired throughout the house. :D

My only issue is with Media Share. When are they going to fix that!!:mad:

Thats the problem with this application and what Charper1 was suggesting. You may have all the basic qualifications but your results are going to vary and its a very complicated thing opening up this to the PC world which is wild and free with thousands of hardware configurations and limitations. Its so hard to determine what would prevent one PC from running well versus another. My PC that is wired works but my laptop wired or wireless is choppy and unplayable in HD.

I am geting the same error and all my config is green. SOme content plays fine but I havent been able to get the VOD that I downloaded to play.

According to the advisor results, you are not HDCP compliant, therefore this particular machine will not play HDCP content :(

I'll upgrade my video card and CPU, anyway I want to leave this PC as a media center with blu ray. I'll post my results.
Thank you.

I am geting the same error and all my config is green. SOme content plays fine but I havent been able to get the VOD that I downloaded to play.

Weird thing is that the content is not VOD, its recorded from Cinemax, and I can play it in my laptop. In this PC it plays for about 1 second and then I get the error message.

I find it totally laughable that those people that "know PCs" are called geeks. Just because a PC was bought or built a year or two ago MEANS NOTHING; the component spec on the inside matter!

I have to laugh and grit my teeth that these non-geeks that think they know so much better and know so much about networking, decoding, PCs and what should and should not run on them. It hilarious.

That's why I always build my own. Do-it-yourself to do-it-right.

I've used Slingbox, Hava and Sony's LocationFree just fine. I've tried this on 2 computers and it will not work. I can see my receivers but it makes me try to activate each time I run it. The activation now fails and won't let me go any farther.

I have been testing this on my laptop for the past week. I can only view SD based on my laptops ability. It is nice to view some SD while working in my office at home on my laptop, otherwise I watch HD in the basement on my home theater set-up.

Things have worked great until just recently...for some reason my laptop lost the connection and now cannot find the server...this has never occurred until today. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts