DirecTV2PC Issues & Feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
This is a great day that DirecTV and Cyberlink have partnered to bring us DirecTV2PC.

DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC

A couple things: You will need the latest Cutting Edge software release to use Directv2pc. If you don't have it, you can wait for the next national receiver update from Directv, which should be only days to a few weeks away, or you can check out our Cutting Edge forum for the next beta test release Friday.

Keep in mind you will need a high end computer and good graphics system to use Directv2pc. Think of what a blueray playback would require.

As a guideline, nothing more, your're probably looking at 2ghz cpu, 2gb ram, and good 512mb graphics processor. These are not specific, just my hope to give you a start as to whether this could work on your system.

As this is a beta test, I'd ask that actual discussion of the use of Directv2pc be in our CE forum, so DirecTV can review the issues and concerns.

Enjoy!

Just wanted to start a tread to talk about the software and its performance. I have it running on my Dell XPS 400. win XP sp3, pent. D 2.80 ghz, 2 gig ram, and a ATi radeon x-300 128mb card. my mon. is a dell 19" lcd (vga input).

Its seems to run fine. Even the 1080p movies stream and play fine. Some movies that are from HBO and other prem. channels I have no video. To be expected due to hdcp.

It looks fine, but it looks like a rptv with the convergence out of wack. Almost 3-d looking. And the time bar want go away.

Anyone else notice the "convergence" issue? Anyone now how to get the "progress bar" or what ever it's called off the screen?

Well, I would like to see D* get away from selecting a server's serial number in the software. that number means nothing to people with more than one DVR. They should let the software use the room location names on our account or let us give the servers aliases..

I can connect and see the shows but when I go to play them I get the message it can't connect to the HR20. I have the latest CE software on the HR20.

Works fine in a Laptop, Dual-core 1.6, 3 gb ram, mobile intel graphics card, no acceleration hardware, some HD mpeg4 recordings are slow, but SD and mpeg2 recordings play excellent. Wireless-G.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts