DirecTV2PC watch program while it's being recorded?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jgrimoldy

Original poster
May 31, 2011
sata cruz, ca
Let's say that you get home 20 minutes after a scheduled recording has started. I know that you can start watching it on the TV while it continues to record.

Can you do the same thing with DirecTV2PC? Can I start watching something on my laptop while it's still being recorded? -or- Do I need to wait until the recording is finished before I can watch on my laptop?

Since you can't really stream *LIVE* broadcasts to a laptop with DirecTV2PC, the next best thing would be to time shift by, say, 1 or 2 minutes.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!
-jg

Let's say that you get home 20 minutes after a scheduled recording has started. I know that you can start watching it on the TV while it continues to record.

Can you do the same thing with DirecTV2PC? Can I start watching something on my laptop while it's still being recorded? -or- Do I need to wait until the recording is finished before I can watch on my laptop?

Since you can't really stream *LIVE* broadcasts to a laptop with DirecTV2PC, the next best thing would be to time shift by, say, 1 or 2 minutes.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!
-jg

Yes, I do it all the time. What were your results when you tested it?

I've not yet tried this. I haven't yet become a DirecTV customer. My wife and I are moving in 2 weeks. We intend to cut the Comcast umbilical. I'm trying to decide between the two other choices (AT&T is not an option).

DirecTV looks to be a more attractive option than Dish. At least DirecTV is not ambiguous on what your cost will be in, say, month 19.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)