Directv2pc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thomas1950

Original poster
May 13, 2011
central us
Directv installed my home network. Since then all i can get is Directv Cinema. No pics on tv. Directv Cinema on pc shows the title & info about the show, audio but no pci. The audio is broken up. I have a new HP pc, HP says the pc should do both.
The issueon pics on tv is that it says no pics in folder. I do have them in a folder, i have them on Windows Media Player. Directv says it's a pc issue, not theirs.
Directv keeps referring me to their forums, they don't seem to want to help. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

Welcome to Satelliteguys.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, are you using the actual DirecTV2PC software? They don't offer tech support for it, calling DirecTV will not help.

There is a thread here with the software:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-technical-discussions/240282-directv-2-pc-software-v-7028-a.html

Can you give the specs on your computer, the software is very particular and needs a powerful computer and requires HDCP copy protection capabilities.

I know im not the OP, but thanks for the link, I love this feature.

Jason...I've installed this latest version of directv2pc. But my dilemma is I have an Intel HD3000 graphics card on an brand new Dell laptop and I can't figure out how to enable screen capture protection. All I get is a green screen with audio. Can't find anything on the Intel support forums. Do you have any suggestions?

I did...it noted that screen capture protection is disabled. That's what I'm trying to find out...how to enable it.

Bare with me while I add some photos.

Some common errors:

attachment.php

This is normally a network/DVR problem and resetting/rebooting the DVR has resolved this for me.

attachment.php

This is the HDCP error for video card/monitor
Updating your video driver may resolve this or changing over to the analog VGA connection works.

attachment.php

This is the HDCP error for audio and few audio chip makers/drivers support HDCP. Realtek does.

If you're running Vista or Win7, click on the speaker icon and select playback devices

attachment.php

Change this to this:

attachment.php

We don't currently have a "fix" for XP, so disabling your current sound chip and installing a $10 sound card without the digital output, is about all you can do.

Now that we have MRV if someone is using the MRV from a DVR you will get this:

attachment.php

Last edited:
charper1, not sure who you were addressing. I've narrowed my problem to my Intel HD3000 graphics. I have a new Dell laptop that only allows Dell verified/provided drivers and am not able to install latest drivers directly from Intel. I'm going to try to install in Safe Mode and see if that helps. Apparently the Dell driver doesn't provide the setting option to enable screen capture protection, but the Intel driver does. I'll let you know what happens.

borromini said:
charper1, not sure who you were addressing. I've narrowed my problem to my Intel HD3000 graphics. I have a new Dell laptop that only allows Dell verified/provided drivers and am not able to install latest drivers directly from Intel. I'm going to try to install in Safe Mode and see if that helps. Apparently the Dell driver doesn't provide the setting option to enable screen capture protection, but the Intel driver does. I'll let you know what happens.

Which driver version of hd3000 graphics do you have?

Let me revive this thread.

I recently came over to D* from E*. E* has some pretty good stuff for viewing streaming stuff from them and I'd hoped that DirecTV does too. Unfortunately directv2pc isn't very good imo. It works on my brand spanking new laptop with SD video, but is horrible with any HD video. There is absolutely no valid reason for that to be the case. This same laptop is doing just fine with video transcoding and streaming from numerous other places in HD with no problems at all.

What seems to have happened is they allowed the developer to have a computer that was pretty hefty and he wrote to it instead of writing to what is out there for most of us.

I'm very disappointed with this program! :(

OTOH, the DirecTV app for the iPad is wonderful. :) Which shows to go you, that you don't need the most powerful computer in the world to do video/audio streaming!!

I looked up the HD 3000 graphic card specs and it does have HDCP but you also need to have a HDCP monitor, you will have to look up your make and model of your monitor and that should tell you if its HDCP enabled.

Noticed that it was an Intel HD3000 he was talking about after the fact so I edited the information that I posted about the AMD HD3000 sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
What is your display's pixel matrix size?

Most other sources aren't 1080i (even the ones that claim to be HD).

Haven't a clue. But the resolution is 1366x768 and should do any scaling needed.

In this day and age, there is no reason that you can't stream easily with current technology, even if it isn't the fastest of the bunch. And with everything else, and all the video sites I go to, it is fine.

Haven't a clue. But the resolution is 1366x768 and should do any scaling needed.
Scaling up is a whole lot less intensive than scaling down. Most of the video sites you visit don't need to be scaled on your display but most of the HD content you view using DIRECTV2PC is going to be 1920x1080 and it is encrypted so if you're machine isn't pretty stout, you will have issues.

If you have access to a reasonably powerful desktop computer see if your experience is the same there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)