DirecTV's 1080p via VoD

Well I downloaded the newest CE software version and now I can't get any OnDemand movies to show up at all. Everything is grayed out. I wonder if it downloaded an old software version by mistake. Thanks for any help.

It is not possible to d/l an old version. Check your network settings, especially if you supply advanced/manual settings. I had an issue where somehow the configuration got screwy and I had to reset.

Also, reboot the recvr.

Downloaded the movie Friday night, and the new CE software Saturday night, Native mode is On. The movie is black, there is very choppy sound and my Sharp Aquos LC-42D64U says it is an incompatible signal. The TV can handle 1080P and I have an HDMI connection. Sent diagnostic report 20080824-2fe8.

It is not possible to d/l an old version. Check your network settings, especially if you supply advanced/manual settings. I had an issue where somehow the configuration got screwy and I had to reset.

Also, reboot the recvr.

Thanks darrencp22 for the advice. I rebooted and everything is back now. Thanks again for the help. I saw the 1080pCE thing and I am currently downloading The Bucket List.

I downloaded the movie The Bucket List from the 1080p VoD but it will not play. I am getting a message on my tv that says "Unsupported signal, check your device output." My Sony 60A2000 does support 1080p and I do have my HR20 set to native. Thanks for any help. By the way, it will play when I turn the native to the off setting.

Matt

Last edited:
I tried to download " The Bucket List" today, just to play around, off of channel 1080.
I have a slower internet connection, 3 mg, I figured it's a 2 hour movie ....

How long should this take ?

Jimbo

I least 2hrs I would guess; I was just under that with 6mpbs down, but I have heard some people say either DirecTV or the receiver limits the speed at a certain point. I have no idea.

I downloaded "The Bucket List" on my HR20-100 yesterday and I can say that the picture looked great. I hope we will see much more of this coming soon.

I least 2hrs I would guess; I was just under that with 6mpbs down, but I have heard some people say either DirecTV or the receiver limits the speed at a certain point. I have no idea.

I started dl'ing at 9 am this morning and it is now at 88 % ....

Whats wrong with this picture ?

Mind you, I'm only playing with the VOD, so it doesn't matter although, I would like to see this movie, seeing I have spend a day recording it.

Hopefully it was a good movie, maybe it will be done before bed (11 PM) so I can take a look at it.

Jimbo

Jag,
How long did it take to d/l and what speed is your connection ?

Jimbo

I did not check to see when it was done but it did not take that long. I started downloading it and began watching it about 3 hours later. My connection is 15MB.

I did not check to see when it was done but it did not take that long. I started downloading it and began watching it about 3 hours later. My connection is 15MB.

Well, your connection is ONLY 5 TIMES faster than mine. I would imagine that my connection speed may have a lot to do with the time it is taking to d/l.
The fastest they have around here is 3 mg and there is talk of 7 mg soon.

I'm would imagine I could start watching it at any time, if I wanted to, but think I will wait till it's done.

Jimbo

Well, mine is done d/l ing and I have had a few minutes to look at it, the picture is excellent, but the audio is about every 20th word is heard, so basically after that LONG D/L it is unwatchable.

I had audio in the very beginning, but the screen asked me to change my native settings and when it did I lost my audio and if I go back to that I had, it doesn't come back (audio that is)

Jimbo

I just went to check this recording again, in the morning and it appears to be working fine, no audio problems at all ...
Wonder why it works today but not last night ...
I'll check again when I get home from work and have time to play with it.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Is the movie The Bucket List a 1080p/24fps or 60fps recording? I found out that my tv will do 60fps but not 24fps on a 1080p signal. I have the Sony KDS 60A2000. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)