Directway system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am also curious on this myself. I had DirecWay installed Jan. 2004 and stopped service June 2005. My understanding is I can use this dish and LNB for FTA channels, but my DW dish and LNB don't match the pictures posted from other users, so I am thinking I may have something I could not use. Any thoughts?

I also have a complete working system with send & receive modems. If it is an old DW4000 I have heard there is no support for this item. I have seen some sold through www.copperhead.cc but no one was getting anything near $100.00 for them. The freight on shipping it is part of the reason no one wants to send this thing out. My system is collecting dust in the garage attic but it worked fine until cable came by for internet! :D

DIRECWAY "no t"

The 4000's are actually faster than the 6000 or 7000. There is support but if you have a modem problem you have to upgrade. On the Enterprise side of Direcway the 4000 modems are used to make the 4010's 4020's and 4030's with gateways and multimedia receivers to make them self servers. Businesses like Chevron, Burger King, Blockbuster and the list goes on and on all use these systems to keep all their stores on their network.

Depending on what type of radio arm or transmitter is on your dish it could be worth $75.00 alone. The whole system should sell for $200.00 easy. Thats $400.00 less than the system sells for new so you should have no problem selling it for that price. The only problem is whoever you sell it to you need to make sure they know they will have to have a certified installer install it or Hughes will not turn it on. The price for the install could be $200.00 also depending on the installer.

WildeComputers
which type of dish do you have out of the 2 attached?

Attachments

• direcway_dw6000.jpg
    direcway_dw6000.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 153
  • DirecWay-Internet.jpg
    DirecWay-Internet.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 142
I've got the first picture, the DW6000. I was hoping to eventually use the dish for FTA channels in a hope to avoid investing in a 1 or 1.2 meter dish. Right now I am just playing around with my DN dish and the few satellites it receives.

Attachments

• direcway_dw6000.jpg
    direcway_dw6000.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 127
I don't know the differences is 4000, 6000, or 7000 but the modem I have has to boxes connected by a cable that looks like a DB25 connector. Does any one know what system this is? I have the following dish:
DirecWay-Internet.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)