Direcway problems/alternative to Direcway

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
TATE…

I’m not some dope that just joined this site…yes I just joined this site but I am no dope, I have a degree that you obviously do not have and I have more experience than you on any given day.. and a FCC License to back that up..

DO YOU???

NO.

Your just a trained monkey that installs a dish and does a simple alignment and walks away…And your getting upset that is the simple truth.. AND WORRIED ABOUT YOUR JOB SECURITY!!!

I can train my 4yr grandson to install a directway….

If the FCC regulated your “earthstation” ( this term shows you really don’t have a clue as to want you know) training program.. you would receive a certificate of training from the FCC.. the fact is the FCC DOES NOT ALLOCATE TRAINING CLASSES!!!!! It is up to the individual to go to the FCC and take a written test for ANY REQUIRED LICSENCE!!!!

The FCC deregulated this frequency spectrum “ for the general good “ of the public and expected the industry to regulate it self . THERE IS NO FCC LAW ON THE BOOKS THAT SAYS I CAN NOT INSTALL A XMITTER. ONLY ITS MISSUSE OR IT INPROPPER AGINMENT, ONLY THEN CAN THEY TAKE ACTION AFTER A COMPLAINT IS FILED.

Do you remember a time when you couldn’t install your own phone?.. that same deregulation law principal applies here…

As for your providing that info.. I looked and couldn’t find it.. so I posted a request for it… is gone unanswered by you, no doubt….

I DO APOIAGE About the edit thing.. my cookies seemed to show only your last post after I returned to the site after my post…for that I am sorry.

Last edited:
You Are A Fool

o07wray said:
I’m not some dope that just joined this site…yes I just joined this site but I am no dope, I have a degree that you obviously do not have.
You are a fool...enough said. You talk for someone else. Get original.

I thought this was a site for open discussion of sats..

NOT THE DEAER INSTALL POST.

AGAIN I'M BEING SLAMED BUY A INSTALER

NOT A SINGE ONE OF YOU CAN SHOW ME A COPY OF THE FCC REGS THAT SAYS "ONLY A AUTHORISED DIRECTWAY ( HUGHESNET) INSTALLER CAN SET UP A DISH"..

SO BITE ME.... I AM TALKING FOR MY SELF.

Thank you for your input.
chadzx11 seems to be upset cause he feels self installers are stealing his thunder.
I have read on various other posts that it DOES NOT take a rocket scientist to do a self install and that " there is no current law by the FCC that a you have to be liscensed to install one yourself "
As far as semi-permanent non-pen mounts .... his quote that FEMA and the FCC made an exception for house trailers just goes to show that it really only boils down to money. If it's good for FEMA then why not me ?
So to chadz11, I say ...no I don't know more than you, but with a little help and some common sense and a little technical knowledge I could probably install one myself and get it to work
However , it's a moot point .... I have since found several " dealers " who will install it the way I want, on the bird I want, so my problem is solved.

No, it's not rocket science, yes you can do your own installs although hughes will tell you either that you can't or that you have to have an authorized installer inspect the system in order to receive service and no I'm not talking above my head.

I'm not a hughes installer and I bought and installed my own system as I said earlier. My IP trace on this post will go right back to a hughes block as that's what I'm posting on. Hughes has said that they will no longer commission a 4000/4020 system. At least thats what they tell the public. The hughes sat assignment circular that go's out to the installers on a regular basis has nothing in it for commissioning an old system like that. They do say however that used DW6000 equip can be put on IA-8 which is where I am but if you look on the link I posted on an earlier page the company will set you up with your san and pin on the satellite selection you made when you place the service order. You are limited as to what sats are allowed but you do have the selection. I love it if folks say you can't do what I did when I'm sitting here on the very system I installed.

Anyway....hughes and wildblue are different. The caveat for hughes is they do have mobile systems such as the RV's and EOC setups. Wildblue doesn't as they use beam technology on their systems which limits you to a very small geographical area. Whereas on IA-8 that I'm on I can pack up my system and go anywhere within the footprint of the satellite from east coast to west coast and have service.

For the person thats trying to aim go to the link that I posted on an earlier page and go to the index of the site (montana satellite), the install manuals are available for download. It's not rocket science but you have to follow directions. The manuals even tell you how to use your OPI pointing interface. However just because you have installed directv and dish doesn't mean you will have a walk in the park for hughes. The dishes are bigger and the beamwidth is smaller. 1/4 inch off on the elevation, or azimuth and you will miss the bird.

If you got your pin and san from montana they include a "cheat sheet" for setting up the system. If you have a pin and san you should already know what satellite you were assigned to because you had to pick it when you did the set up. If not then ask the company you got the pin and san from for the sat you are assigned to. I never had an opi but it should be possible to see that your getting a signal on it even if it's not the right bird. Simply move from satellite to satellite until the opi says your on the right one. I only have a cheap $20 meter. I just moved from bird to bird until I hit the right one. Then it's a matter of peaking the dish both for signal strength and skew until it passes ACP. But if you don't have the manuals download them first as they will tell you what to do.

There should be no elitism involved with this, nor should there be garbage flying back and forth on this persons qualifications or that persons. It's pointless to argue that you have to be certified by the FCC. I have a general class radiotelephone license but that doesn't authorize me to install sat systems of course. It can be done without a "special" license as me and others are proof of it. However, if I had the chance to go to a hughes school for a nominal fee I certainly would of as the problems that I had would of been lessoned. I have quite a background with larger KU band dishes and installs and I still had a learning experience to do this. However I followed the book to a "T" and I have no trouble with my system. The problems usually happen when folks take the shortcuts. The crux of the matter is whether your trained or not if you have it aimed and cross polled right it will "turn on", if you don't then it wont. The system itself doesn't care if you have been trained or not. And once you have a pin and San as far as hughes is concerned the company that registered the system for service is the company that did the install. But, for most people a qualified installer is the best way to go to minimize problems and frustrations.

o07wray said:
TATE…

I’m not some dope that just joined this site…yes I just joined this site but I am no dope, I have a degree that you obviously do not have and I have more experience than you on any given day.. and a FCC License to back that up..

DO YOU???

NO.

Your just a trained monkey that installs a dish and does a simple alignment and walks away…And your getting upset that is the simple truth.. AND WORRIED ABOUT YOUR JOB SECURITY!!!

I can train my 4yr grandson to install a directway….

MAY I HAVE EVERYONES ATTENTION

007WRAY ODVIUSLY KNOWS MORE ABOUT INSTALLING HUGHES THAN I DO. I MEAN HE EVEN KNOWS THE NAME IS DIRECTWAY. HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP ANYONE WHO IS ABOVE THE AGE OF 4 IF YOU NEED ANY HELP INSTALLING A SYSTEM. LOOK AT WHAT HE POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=78549
I AM APPARANTLY JUST A VERY WELL "IF I MIGHT ADD" TRAINED MONKEY THAT DOES HUNDREADS OF HUGHESNET INSTALLES PER YEAR.

o07wray said:
If the FCC regulated your “earthstation” ( this term shows you really don’t have a clue as to want you know) training program.. you would receive a certificate of training from the FCC.. the fact is the FCC DOES NOT ALLOCATE TRAINING CLASSES!!!!! It is up to the individual to go to the FCC and take a written test for ANY REQUIRED LICSENCE!!!!

007WRAY DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT AN EARTHSTATION IS. DO A SEARCH AND YOU WILL FIND A EARTHSTATION IS A PLACE "HOME OR BUSINESS" THAT USES A RADIO TRANSMITTING AND RECEIVING UNIT TO COMMUNICATE WITH A SPACE STATION. OH I GUESS YOU NEED THE EXPLANATION OF SPACE STATION ALSO.
SPACE STATION.... A SATELLITE IN SPACE THAT COMMUNICATES WITH AN EARTHSTATION. HUGHES EVEN HAD A PRODUCT THAT IS STILL IN USE BY MANY POS TERMINALS THAT WAS CALLED A PERSONAL EARTHSTATION OR PES.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_earth_station

o07wray said:
The FCC deregulated this frequency spectrum “ for the general good “ of the public and expected the industry to regulate it self . THERE IS NO FCC LAW ON THE BOOKS THAT SAYS I CAN NOT INSTALL A XMITTER. ONLY ITS MISSUSE OR IT INPROPPER AGINMENT, ONLY THEN CAN THEY TAKE ACTION AFTER A COMPLAINT IS FILED.
http://www.dbsinstall.com/Direcway/hughesnet_installation.asp
OBVIOUSLY I AM NOT GOING TO GET NO WERE WITH YOU HERE BUT YOU CAN READ THIS AND MAKE BELIVE IT IS NOT TRUE. I ALREADY STATED THE FCC DOES NOT MONITOR A TRAINING COURSE FOR INSTALLATION OF HUGHES EQUIPMENT, BUT THE DO HOWEVER TELL HUGHES HOW THE EQUIPMENT SHOULD BE INSTALLED AND IF YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN THE COURSE AND PASSED THE TEST HOW DO YOU KNOW THE REGULATIONS? YOU SAYING THEY DEREGULATED THE SPECTRUM FOR THE GENERAL GOOD IS JUST A FLAT OUT LIE. THE TRANSMISSION UNITS SEND OUT RF FREQUENCY http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Documents/bulletins/oet56/oet56e4.pdf
THE FCC SAYS THE UNIT MUST BE INSTALLED A CERTAIN WAY TO MINIMIZE THE IMPACT ON A PERSON WHO IS USING THE SYSTEM.

o07wray said:
As for your providing that info.. I looked and couldn’t find it.. so I posted a request for it… is gone unanswered by you, no doubt…..
IF I WOULD HAVE CAME ON HERE LAST NIGHT AND SAW YOUR POST BEFORE YOU CAME IN HERE TRYING TO BASH ME I WOULD HAVE HELPED. I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY LATELY WITH SOME PERSONAL ISSUES AND HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO CHECK THE SITE EVERY NIGHT. ASK bsilvertab http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71587
I HELPED HIM THROUGH HIS INSTALL THROUGH PM'S. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TYPE OF INSTALLER I AM AND YOU THOUGHT I WAS TRYING TO BE AN a$$hole AND YOU WERE GOING TO PUT ME IN MY PLACE RIGHT. EVERY POST HERE YOU ARE SAYING I AM WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING AND WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU SAY YOU WANT TO USE A WILDBLUE DISH ON THE ROAD. WILDBLUE WILL ONLY WORK IN THE LOCATION YOU PLACE IT. OH I GUESS I AM WRONG ABOUT THAT ALSO I AM JUST A TRAINED MONKEY WHO DOES THIS FOR A LIVING "AM I 007WRAY"?

divecorn said:
chadzx11 seems to be upset cause he feels self installers are stealing his thunder.
I have read on various other posts that it DOES NOT take a rocket scientist to do a self install and that " there is no current law by the FCC that a you have to be liscensed to install one yourself "
As far as semi-permanent non-pen mounts .... his quote that FEMA and the FCC made an exception for house trailers just goes to show that it really only boils down to money. If it's good for FEMA then why not me ?
So to chadz11, I say ...no I don't know more than you, but with a little help and some common sense and a little technical knowledge I could probably install one myself and get it to work
However , it's a moot point .... I have since found several " dealers " who will install it the way I want, on the bird I want, so my problem is solved.

chadzx11 is not an installer. He is a QC guy.

tate.. your a trained monkey...

earthstation is a term that hasn’t been used in years....

and if all you can do is pick on my spelling... get a life...

you have only proven you do know very little about the FCC rules and regs...

it NEVER states " you must be a licensed installer"... they could care less... what they DO care about is the end product.... will it interfere with other spectrum users??? and then they don't even care unless someone complains....the only persons or group that would have an interest is HUGHES..lossing a customer due being "knocked off" by a miss aligned uplink. or not keeping max capacity.

and for having to look for the sat finder program,,, well you know about trade secrets and that’s why its not a widely available thing to find....and your not going to give me a COPY OF YOUR HUGHES SOFTWARE ….Legaly I know you can’t.. but why woud HUGHES want to keep it secret? Think about it…

however.. I have gotten the sat's stats form NASA and have done a reverse plot using a little simple math... so thanks anyways ( I’m sure this is well beyond your so called certified training )

you are sooooo wrong on sooo many issues that I'll just drop it

and I have never called you an "a$$hole" but you have called me to many times without rebuttal..

you are a trained monkey,,, and a ass$*&le.

But your a "certified" ass.

LOL

o07wray said:
and for having to look for the sat finder program,,, well you know about trade secrets and that’s why its not a widely available thing to find....and your not going to give me a COPY OF YOUR HUGHES SOFTWARE ….Legaly I know you can’t.. but why woud HUGHES want to keep it secret? Think about it…

LOL

The Hughes software has been under your nose the whole time. If you done a simple search for my past post like I said earlier you would have found a link to get into your modem that tells you all the pointing parameters. But I am still an ass right because I don't give any of this info out.

you have 1600+ posts...

192.168.0.1 is the interal gateway IP for the modem

and thats not software..

its called Frimware..

you installers have a copy of SATFINDER that is published by hughes that most of you use on YOUR lap top at the dish...

and thank you fro not calling me a "ass" again..

but doing a "simple search" for 1 of your 1600+ posts is not a easy issue.

But I did notice you telling ALOT of people they could NOT do thier own install...Hmmmm?

o07wray said:
you have 1600+ posts...

you installers have a copy of SATFINDER that is published by hughes that most of you use on YOUR lap top at the dish...

no we don't.

everything you need is in the modem. the software you speak of is used for 4000 systems or other non self hosted systems. you have a 6000, you are close with the address but again I don't feel the need to give it out to you.

Ip Addresses

192.168.0.1/fs/registration/setup.html

192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html

Use them and learn

Tate you and dish direct are both trained monkeys....

I asked for software.. not FRIMWEAR... that's what they call it when its pre-loaded into the modem or equipment.

DUH..

Here is a link to a sat finder that works WITHOUT your modem and its list of stas is VERY easy to update...

http://vps.arachnoid.com/satfinder/

just a LITTLE knowledge in the hands of the ignorant is a dangerous thing. But the education of the masses is FREEDOM!!! ( Thomas Jefferson )

thanks for all your help you two..
NAAAAAAA!!!
LOL

o07wray said:

I asked for software.. not FRIMWEAR... that's what they call it when its pre-loaded into the modem or equipment.

DUH..

Here is a link to a sat finder that works WITHOUT your modem and its list of stas is VERY easy to update...

http://vps.arachnoid.com/satfinder/

just a LITTLE knowledge in the hands of the ignorant is a dangerous thing. But the education of the masses is FREEDOM!!! ( Thomas Jefferson )

thanks for all your help you two..
NAAAAAAA!!!
LOL

Would you stop being stupid you moron. You say you know more than us but you don't know how to use an OPI or you did not know you could not move WB. You thought satfinder was published by Hughes and you thought we use it to point the dish. You are the most irritating and ignorant person that I have ever encountered on this site, you will not listen to us even when DD tried to help you. People like you who come on here who think they know more than the people who are here to actually help people are the lowest scum of the earth. Go somewere else you piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post may be edited and I may even get into alittle trouble "sorry in advance" for it but maybe you will read it before that happens.

hobojoe said:
:) well to start fema and direcway set these up as "Temp" installs. and are authorized to be non standard install. a non-pen mount is a fair way to install this situation. all sats are running good! i have a dw6000 on satmex5 and a hn7700s on a8. so you shouldn't be so stuck on one sat! taking the time to call a customer for directions is just part of the job. just think if you were the customer that's been waiting a week for the install then takes the day off work to have some one not even bother to call him.:mad:

Well, that was the only Dway I ran across in a FEMA site that was not on a pole. Even if it is "authorized"-----It should have had ballast. Nope. I think it was just some douchebag getting one over thinking it wouldn't be checked.

divecorn said:

WTF? Why am I getting ripped? I never installed the first DirecWay. Could I? Yes. I am wildblue certified. Hughesnet would be a walk in the park. I just spent the last year and a half getting a new ass ripped by a worthless dish network dealer (bogus chargebacks. The last one said on the paper--no sh*t--customer moved TV--how the f**k is that my fault?), therfore, I ain't installing jack.

Screw the FCC, HUGHESNET state that the bottom part of the reflector MUST be 5 feet off the ground. Now, I have to prove that. I have to provide a picture of the dish and tape measure with my report. I have been provided NO documentation that anything less is acceptable. My areas of responisiblity include Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Tennessee. I think they would inform me of these things. God knows they tell me every other little thing......

The one I saw at the FEMA park on the non pen was a pro install. The work order came down from Perfect 10 (90% of the sites I inspect are ordered by P10), and I am pretty sure that they don't know anything about self installs......

I don't care if you install it yourself. I'm not the poor bastard that will have to come unfuck it, or otherwise be responsible for it in the event of a service call.

o07wray said:

Way to take the high road. One good thing about not installing anymore is that I don't have to deal with people like this anymore (particularly on service calls). Although, I did have a nasty lady the other day. Vacation = good. :hatsoff:

I knew you couldn’t "move" a WB dish u ass... I found a way to get allocated a new spot beam easy. ( have taken and completed the online WB installers course and only need to attend the 2 day “hands on” part when they are in my area.) I didn’t need this to install a dish,, I just wanted to know how to do the customer account activation ..so I could do my own install and move the beam setting.

as for the OPI.. it didn't come with instructions per DIRECTWAYS orders.. it was a installers tool... but rather then being a dumbass and burn it up or short out the sat.. I thought I'd ask a simple question... ( to much for you to answer)

I have a Birdog perfect vision W/ DDSI. Not having a meter or a signal meter was never my issue.. I just needed a “look” angle and elevation, unsure I had a line of site on the bird.. its called a “site survey” and I just wanted to make sure I could get a hit on the bird I was allocated.

I NEVER said satfinder was published by HUGHES,, I said you have one like it, that HUGHES had made for you to use. ( read before you rant )

But next time I’ll be sure to call you out to the middle of a virgin 50ft tall forest of Douglas fur pine trees.. and make sure you had to drive at least 100+ miles.. just to tell you sorry.. it looks like I don’t have a line of site on the sat… gosh,, I bet you don’t get paid for those trips too… damm the bad luck…

and as I speak I'm am now on my USER INSTALLED DIRECTWAY ( or Hughesnet ) DISH,,,

SO Bite me you a$$hole<<<

and ANYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE SOME REAL HELP...?/ Feel free to Email me.

And I'm still waiting for you ( Tate and who ever else ) to show me a COPY with section & paragraph, of the FFC reg that says " you can not install a dish without a Hughes certification"

Dumbo---shut Up

o07wray said:
I'm am now on my USER INSTALLED DIRECTWAY ( or Hughesnet ) DISH,,,
Dumbo, most Hughes Installers I know use a laptop with DW4000 software and a pair of DW4000 modems to peak dishes. The DW4000 Software gives a better progressive signal, especially if you happen to miss the satellite, or land on one close to the intended satellite.
It is better than the DW6000 or DW7000 firmware or software as you may call it. The next time we hear from you, it will be to complain what a lousy service you have, and it is probably from mispointing or grounding issues, that a trained monkey would have sorted out.

Last edited:
Why don't you guys just ignore this guy. If he keeps up or goes over the line he will be baned. It is quite clear he/she is a trouble maker. Don't let him/her make you lose your cool. Life is too short to argue with someone who only posts to argue. Arguing a good point is sorta different. This person it seems just likes keeping things going. Big whoop he has an FCC license, so do I. He has years and years experience, so do I. I'm sure some of you guys do to. If he thinks he is such a God let him set on his throne and worship himself.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)