DIRT - Problem with S330 on HWS with EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jfmeier

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I have two HWS's in my house. One has upgraded to S330 and the other usually lags the upgrades by about two weeks and is still at S228. Both have EHD's that are identical from the same manufacturer. The HWS with S330 now does not recognize the EHD and keeps starting up with a message that the EHD must be reformatted to meet Dish's format. I will not let it reformat as I believe this is a SW bug on Dish's part with S330. I took the EHD up to my HWS still On S228 and plugged it in, it is still recognized and all my recordings are there. Is this a known bug with S330 and if so, is it being addressed? DISH dirt please comment on this!

This is a known bug. The fix is reputedly rolling out now. It may take a few days to reach you. Do not let it reformat.

I sure hope the fix rolls out faster than S330 which I just got at 1:00 AM this morning.
I have been waiting very impatiently for the EHD fixes for my Hopper 2000s so I can transfer my recordings and return the old boxes and start enjoying my new HWS.

I've ceased being hopeful My EHD disappeared after 328 and has yet to reappear with 330, unless I unplug it, power it down, and then reconnect. If my wife could understand online, I'd get DVR for the OTA, a minimal cable sub for sports and otherwise cut the cord after my current commitment is up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts