Disconnections...Internet

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I am sick and tired of charter. their internet has been total crap the last 2 years.
Over the last two months my internet keeps going on and off every few minutes, this is retarded.
My landline uses internet (vonage), netflix and other stuff...this is becoming stupid.
Every year I have to call them, they do some stuff to fix the issue and then the problem starts happening again.

At this point I am wondering if the apartment wires might be bad? If so what do I need to do to replace them? I do not think Charter covers this service.

I've had Charter internet for years, and have NO issues whatsoever. Except once in a while when they do an upgrade at night, maybe a few times a year. That only causes an outage maybe for an hour max.

I highly suggest you find a way to get a new direct coax line from your modem, down to their Demarc box where the main line comes in. Also make sure that none of your neighbors are somehow connecting to your router, and sucking out all your bandwidth.

Same here in the St Louis area, Charter has worked great for many years. My service is 120/5 Mbps. Lately I have been getting 160 down for some reason and no problems. Have Charter do a good checkout of everything at your apartment.

I've only had Charter for internet a little less than 2 years but it's been rock steady. Been very happy them. Mine only averages 66 down & 4.5 up--PLENTY fast enough for me.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts