diseq 8x1 + rotor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

markrankin

Original poster
Apr 20, 2009
Clarke Orbit
Hello guys:

Merry christmas from Spain.

I have two 8x1 diseq for different dishes installations. My purpose is to connect to the first input of the 8x1 a diseq rotor, and rest of the inputs different dishes.

I mean:
Input1---> diseq rotor + 100cm dish
Input2---> Hispasat
Input8--->Astra 19,2ºE.

The question is if the diseq will pass the commands to the rotor or not. The model is EMP CENTAURI 8x1.

EMP-Centauri

Thanks in advance:
Marky.

Mark,

I am not certain of the EMP CENTAURI 8x1 switch, but I can do the same as you are requesting with Chieta DiSEqC (4x1) switches and even a combo of these and SW-21 switches.

Researching your specific switch may need more investigation. As well, the type of LNBF you are using may make a difference in how you configure the system.

RADAR

I have two 8x1 diseq for different dishes installations. My purpose is to connect to the first input of the 8x1 a diseq rotor, and rest of the inputs different dishes.

This should work as long as your motor plus LNB doesn't draw more than the current capacity of the 8x1 switch. It may be a little tight, but the DiSEqC specs are intended to cover this eventuality.

Be aware that the EMP Centauri 8x1 will not pass motor commands as it uses Diseqc 1.2 to select a port to use. You would have to connect your receiver to the motor and then the EMP 8x1. You would use Diseqc 1.1 to address the eight ports on the switch, or even 1.0 to address just the first four ports only. You can connect the LNB on the motorized dish to whatever switch port you want, of course.

You would have to do it this way:

STB -----> Motor -----> EMP 8x1 port 1 ------> LNB 1
port 2 ------> LNB 2
etc.... etc....

I had one of those Emp Centauri switches and cracklin is right.....it wont pass diseqc commands. Have to put it between the motor and LNB"s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)