37.134004N 76.561779W
This looks like it could be fun.....

Lots of power for those large dishes :)
Review may be coming soon.

Attachments

• Jaeger_superjack2stk.JPG
    Jaeger_superjack2stk.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,278
a DiSEqC c-band dish mover? how can it move a dish that size on just 500mA?

EDIT: oh wait, its for up to 1M only..

I've been looking seriously at these...36 volt powerhouse

Attachments

• 1224back.jpg
    1224back.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 1224three.jpg
    1224three.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 366
ultatryon said:
its for up to 1M only..

Some sites have it listed for 1.2M, the Jaeger site has it at 1M.
The actuator is rated for a 500lb static load or a 300lb dynamic load - I think the circuitry converting the diseqc signal and voltage into 36V is the only limiting factor.

I was messing with it last night and this thing is strong, it'll easily turn a heavy 1.2M dish and is easily modifyable for larger brackets.

I tried to find a place to find the jager motors here, no luck.
If anyone finds a dealer that carries the 1224 motor please let us know

Here is another:

PICT0035.JPG

The Golden Interstar DiSEqC 1.2 Actuator DXJ6000 is suited for the installation of steel satellite dishes with up to 120cm diameter. it can be controlled with DiSEqC 1.2.

http://www.golden-interstar.com/index.php?lang=en&content=products&id=81

I never was able to find pricing on it - these seem to be the 'real' solution to use on the mini-BUDs. They've got some good stuff in Europe :).

Shawn

I so need one of these... I emailed around, hopefully will get some replies back on trying to get ahold of some. By what rayydio said, my SG2100 is going to struggle under the Patriot 1.2m, and very well may end up like Cascade's :no

Cascade said:
My motors are fine, I bought from someone who backs their gear up :)

Very true!

Though having a warrantee on my Geo Metro doesn't make me feel better about hauling a yaht around with it :D

I wanted to get a 1.2m channel master dish for C/Ku
but after i saw how crappy my SG2100 is i trashed the plans
satcure has the 1224 jaeger shipping to US total price = 397.269 USD :eek:
hopefully someone will start selling some heavy duty motors here in the states
mabey that will be my next project, home made H-H dish motor.....

Attachments

• 1224el.jpg
    1224el.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 315
DiSEqC/current booster.

Anyone know of a current booster I can use for my DiSEqC setup?
Right now I'm trying to test this Jaeger DiSEqC positioner, the relays click in but theres too much loss in the 200' of cable to move the thing.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cascade said:
Thinking about it, would a standard Dish power inserter work?

Someone suggested that to me a while back for my issue with my PC card not being able to drive my C-band LNB. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't give any feedback on whether it works or not.

The problem with using a power inserter would be whether or not it would pass the DiSEqC commands. I can't say for certain as I haven't tried it but somehow I don't think it would. The reason I don't think it would is I believe the DiSEqC are modulated on the LNB power going down the cable to the LNB and are intercepted by the motor or switches they are intended for. I think a power inserter would have a DC blocking capacitor in it that would probably block those signals. Anyway, I know that when I use a power inserter between my Twinhan card and my 8.5' birdview, it's doesn't seem to pass the 22Khz tone I use to switch between C and Ku band. So I assume it wouldn't pass DiSEqC commands either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)