Diseqc after Positioner?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
Can you use a Diseqc switch after a VBox or GBox? i.e in between the receiver and Vbox/GBox.

I have not tried this, but was trying to think if you could run a line from the receiver into a diseqc switch, then run a line from port 1 to the Vbox for dish 1 (C), then run another line from port 2 to a second Vbox for dish 2 (Ku). This way you could have one receiver control two dishes, via two Vbox'es.

Has anyone tried to see if a diseqc switch will work after the positioner?

i dont think itd work as youd expect. i ve tried it and it didnt work how i wanted it to with a positioner and a hh motor. i instead bought ecoda 22khz switches to accomplish a 2 motor setup. my next test will be 2 positioners daisy chained. one with the lower positions on one dish and the other with higher positions for the second dish.

crackt out,.

edit: daisy chained positioners tested to work. in this manner you could stack many positioners to control multiple dishes (actuators). may be useful for c/ku multiple dish set ups or arc segments. im off to mod a polar mount for my 1.2m. no more powering an hh motor of the pci bus for me. haha.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)