DiSEqC Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RFPickle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
Waco, Ga.
Where is it best to put the DiSEqC switch to tie the C & Ku LNB's together.

At the LNB thus having to run 1 coax to house from dish.

Or run two separate coax's to the house, then install switch just prior to receiver.

Thanks in advance.

What ever best fits your needs. At the dish or at the receiver. I have two systems and use both methods. But I don't use a DiSEqC switch for that, I use a 22khz tone switch to combine C and Ku. I put the Ku on the tone side and C-Band on the no tone. Then I can use a dual LOF setting that is offered by many receivers; 5150/10750. So both Ku and C for each sat in the list.

Reactions: Titanium
The only time I would consider installing the switch in the house is if the coax run was over 300 feet. Switch signals tend to get too weak on long runs and start having switching errors. Usually install at the dish in a sheltered area or in a junction box.

Always a good idea to protect the switch from the elements and make drip loops so water doesn't stream across the fittings. On long coax runs, don't ground the switch, unless the dish ground is bonded to the structure ground. Switches tend to fail when exposed to voltage potentials.

Reactions: KE4EST
What ever best fits your needs. At the dish or at the receiver. I have two systems and use both methods. But I don't use a DiSEqC switch for that, I use a 22khz tone switch to combine C and Ku. I put the Ku on the tone side and C-Band on the no tone. Then I can use a dual LOF setting that is offered by many receivers; 5150/10750. So both Ku and C for each sat in the list.
I've used both DiSEqC and 22kHz tone switches with a receiver, but have found that if I am using a satellite tuner card (a TBS model) with TVHeadend, the 22kHz tone switches just don't seem to work, at least not after a DiSEqC switch. I have not tried to use one by itself with the tuner card, it's always been after a DiSEqC, (tuner card <—> DiSEqC <—> 22kHz <—> LNB) but that always worked fine with a receiver rather than a tuner card. Also, with a 22kHz tone switch you can only switch between two sources, whereas you can buy four-port DiSEqC switches and switch between four sources (would be eight if the 22KHz tone switches would work like they do with a receiver). So, if all else were equal I'd pick a DiSEqC switch, but that's just a personal preference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)