DISH 2016 CES Press Event

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
You would need a second dish for the 211. When the Hoppe 3 is hooked up to the Hybrid LNB the Hybrid LNB goes into dp Z mode instead of dp X mode which the other older equipment used.

Scott- thanks for the reply as I figured it would be that way. I really wouldn't need the 211k wired at my house but need to take it with me in summer. Can I keep the 211K active on account to take in summer without it hooked up at house?
Gerry

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
Scott- thanks for the reply as I figured it would be that way. I really wouldn't need the 211k wired at my house but need to take it with me in summer. Can I keep the 211K active on account to take in summer without it hooked up at house?
Gerry
Only if you own it....

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Its a portable hard drive / hot spot so you can download shows from your Dish DVR and watch them on a device running the DISH Anywhere app.
So I can't load it up from home and connect it to my dumb HDTV at the RV? <sigh>

Does the GO work with the HWS? Not that it matter to me anymore.

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
Does the go even plug into a receiver? They said it's a mobile device for hotel like situations when you're traveling I thought.

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2008
So if DPX is MoCA 1.1 (Hopper 1 & 2) and DPZ is MoCA 2.0 (Hopper 3), it looks like you can network any combination of Hopper 1, 2, & 3s on the new hybrid equipment (as MoCA 2.0 is backward compatible):

dish_dpx_dpz_text.jpg

This should be fun.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Does the go even plug into a receiver? They said it's a mobile device for hotel like situations when you're traveling I thought.

It plus into the USB port and charges the GO unit as well as transfers recordings to the GO.

When you are out, the unit becomes a mobile hotspot you connect to it, start your DISH Anywhere app and now you have access to the content on the HopperGo.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So if DPX is MoCA 1.1 (Hopper 1 & 2) and DPZ is Hopper 3, it looks like you can network any combination of Hopper 1, 2, & 3s on the new hybrid equipment (as MoCA 2.0 is backward compatible):

dish_dpx_dpz_text.jpg

This should be fun.
Highly incorrect.

When you plug in the Hopper 3 in, it turns off DP X mode on the LNB and is only DP Z mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts