DISH 2016 CES Press Event

forgive me if this has been asked, but does it have component video outputs? The reason I ask is that my oldest AV receiver does not have HDMI. I know that the Joeys are HDMI or composite only, but I could hook the H3 to that one receiver and run the rest of the house with Joeys.

I wonder I know how you guys are about rules and such....................but has anyone ever tried putting a larger drive in the thing?

Nope its going to cost what a regular Hopper Costs. You will not see them charge on the number of tuners.

You need to understand that the Hopper 3 is designed to KEEP CUSTOMERS with DISH not drive them away, thus the reason why they are going to be aggressive with getting people upgraded to one who wants one. :)

Scott what about customers who are 8 or 9 months in to their first year with Dish, will they still be aggressive to getting them upgraded to hopper 3 to stay with Dish? I realize I might not have a 0 cost upgrade but I hope it doesn't cost me over $50 to upgrade.

IMHO I really haven't see DIRECTV counter much of anything Dish does, they march to the beat of their own research/marketing department.
I have to disagree. DirecTV has often responded to Dish. It is one of the reasons they have been so successful.

but does it have component video outputs?
I would really hope it does, if for nothing more than as a backup connection. HDMI connectors fail, sometimes TVs and receivers are incompatible on HDMI handshakes (usually fixed with firmware updates on one device or the other), etc.

Anyway, this image, http://zatznotfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hopper3-580x276.jpg, shows two sets of composite/component connections. If you zoom in, you can see "R Audio L Video" on the top ones and presumably "R G B" for the bottom ones.

Give it a rest. HDMI is by definition and spec backwards compatible. Dish cannot make it incompatible with earlier versions. They handshake to determine which spec is common to all.

Besides, it's been posted that it works fine with today's HDTVs.
Bah Humbug your no fun Ebinizer Scrooge :backontopic

Say anyone know if there going allow 3rdparty app ? like Emby or Plex media server connect to it with all my pron "DVD/Blu-ray Moive, Home Video, Photo and Muisc" sure would be nice as I'm not a fan of build in Home Media Brower that come with Hopper 2.

Pretty sure the H3 still has component outputs from some of Scotts other posts. I believe he also mentioned that all the outputs OTHER than HDMI are turned off while viewing 4K content, although you probably wouldn't be concerned with 4K if you are connecting via component to start with.

Newbie question here - I have a Hooper with Sling, 1 Super Joey and 2 Joeys installed in my house. I had this installed last January. If I were to upgrade to the Hopper 3 would I be looking at any additional lines needing to enter the house? I currently have 2 coax cables that go inside the house to a hub area and then they split off from there to their locations.

People insist that the 722 has better PQ than the 622, the 722k has better PQ than the 722, and the Hopper has better than the 722k. To a large degree, it's nothing more than a placebo effect - they want there to be a difference, so they are certain they see one (even if they don't).

People spend $100 on fancy HDMI cables and are absolutely certain they can see an improved picture too.

People insist that the 722 has better PQ than the 622, the 722k has better PQ than the 722, and the Hopper has better than the 722k. To a large degree, it's nothing more than a placebo effect - they want there to be a difference, so they are certain they see one (even if they don't).

People spend $100 on fancy HDMI cables and are absolutely certain they can see an improved picture too.
:crowdbounce:crowdbounce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)