DISH 2016 CES Press Event

Yeah a couple of things people need to remember is even if you get the Hopper3 free there still a 2yr commitment and your rates or bill is still the same. That's one thing I will for sure try to get changed is if I do another 2yr commitment I want some kind of discounted rate for the first 12 months. Heck I would pay some for the Hopper 3 if I could get a discounted rate off my bill for 12 months.

I've got a fairly simple set-up - 1 hopper and 1 joey for 2 tv's (that often watch different programming)
I'd assume I'd need the same setup with the H3, but there's a few posts here and there that insinuate that I might not need a Joey?
Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

Lou this is e reason why they are working to get it out the door with the basic all working. They have a lot of plans for this thing but the first thing they want to have all the basics running nicely before trying to add more to it.

At CES I played with it for a long long time and about the only buggy thing I found was in sports bar mode where if you hit the wrong button the receiver would reboot.

For the sports bar mode, any chance it would work on a non-4k TV?
I am not sure... I am be believing no since the H3 needs to go into 4K mode to format the channels properly.

I am flying home now and will not be home til around 9:30 pm. But I will try to get an answer when I land or tomorrow.

All right you off-topic Bojangles fanatics. What's so great about Bojangles that we can't have at Popeyes?

All right you off-topic Bojangles fanatics. What's so great about Bojangles that we can't have at Popeyes?
Deliciousness. Popeyes is good, but BoJangles is fantastic. It would be like comparing jack in the Box premium burgers to White Castle frozen Costco burgers. Just not really a comparison.

Reactions: charlesrshell

We just got a Popeyes where I live and honestly I like them both. The flavor is very similar. I like Popeye's spicy tenders, but the chicken is very stringy and breaks off in chunks. Bojangles tenders are much better. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the traditional chicken from either one- I prefer KFC for that. I have to give the edge to Bojangles fries too. They're fat and their seasoning is better. What really separates Bojangles is they do breakfast biscuits all day. Their biscuits are about twice the size of Popeyes and totally delicious! But I think biscuits in general are a southern thing.

Reactions: TheKrell
We just got a Popeyes where I live and honestly I like them both. The flavor is very similar. I like Popeye's spicy tenders, but the chicken is very stringy and breaks off in chunks. Bojangles tenders are much better. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the traditional chicken from either one- I prefer KFC for that. I have to give the edge to Bojangles fries too. They're fat and their seasoning is better. What really separates Bojangles is they do breakfast biscuits all day. Their biscuits are about twice the size of Popeyes and totally delicious! But I think biscuits in general are a southern thing.
Does Bojangles have white country gravy?

For the sports bar mode, any chance it would work on a non-4k TV?
I do not know if this is true or not, Scott can confirm, but I read an article, I believe from CNET that stated the Sports Bar mode would work on a 1080p display but the channels would be either 720p or SD, I am not sure which, or if it will even work, that is just here-say from an article.

Does Bojangles have white country gravy?
Being from where I am, biscuits and gravy is not common so forgive me... But they have a white, meat gravy that is sweet and delicious. I am guessing that is the country gravy, and I know my gf has made mention. It is one of my favorite parts. I GO really fat. Dip my chicken biscuit sandwhich in the gravy for breakfast. They also have BoBerry biscuits. Those are a class of their own.

I do not know if this is true or not, Scott can confirm, but I read an article, I believe from CNET that stated the Sports Bar mode would work on a 1080p display but the channels would be either 720p or SD, I am not sure which, or if it will even work, that is just here-say from an article.
Not sure if that article is correct or not. As if it's the article I read it said the Hopper has 64 GB of ram.

Again I will try finding an answer when I get home. I am on the plane now and will get home after 9:30 tonight.

Being from where I am, biscuits and gravy is not common so forgive me... But they have a white, meat gravy that is sweet and delicious. I am guessing that is the country gravy, and I know my gf has made mention. It is one of my favorite parts. I GO really fat. Dip my chicken biscuit sandwhich in the gravy for breakfast. They also have BoBerry biscuits. Those are a class of their own.
I think the new Hopper 3 is awesome and good job by DISH for having 16 tuners. Here is may favorate Chicken place but no longer live close to one. The chicken tenders, biscuits, and white country gravy is awesome. http://www.chickene.com/index.html

Reactions: JSheridan
Wow, sounds like I messed up! We spent the night in Dalton, GA, a few weeks ago on the way home from Walley World. There was a Bojangle's barely a stone's throw away from our motel, but we went to the Crack(er Barrel) House instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)