Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here are the software release notes for the 922 and 222k from DISHsupport.COM.

ViP 222k - L397 -Pop-up Rework Phases I and II, CSA over IP support, PPV Rental Indicator, screen saver yellow text update, Basic remote changes/fixes (not Phase II), Lodging OpenEPG support and audio fixes, favorites list color change, Misc under the hood changes.

ViP 922 - S111 - Broadband connectivity fix, point dish graphics fix, SMP fix, IPVOD DRA download error, 3DTV fixes, Misc under the hood changes.

Scott says, "No", but I still think there will be no GoogleTV integration with the 922 until GoogleTV gets a firmware upgrade to handle 3D.

S111 sure fixed the broadband connectivity on my 922. It fixed it so that it doesn't work! I haven't had a chance to do a reset of the machine yet. I tried several times to reset the connection but to no avail. It won't get an IP address. I'm going to try reseting the machine after my recording is done. Hopefully that will fix it.

Why would GoogleTV getting 3D (which there's be zero talk of that ever happening) be a prerequisite for the 922 having GoogleTV integration? The two a completely unrelated.
The 922 has 3D now via HDMI. Will this signal get passed through the Revue intact? When it's on? When the Revue is doing PIP? I don't think so! These two topics are indeed related.

The 922 has 3D now via HDMI. Will this signal get passed through the Revue intact? When it's on? When the Revue is doing PIP? I don't think so! These two topics are indeed related.

what? The logitec revue pass through works with any 3d set. I do not understand how this effects the integration with the 922. Charlie has stated that the 722k will get the ability to do 3d and that has google intergration.

what? The logitec revue pass through works with any 3d set. I do not understand how this effects the integration with the 922. Charlie has stated that the 722k will get the ability to do 3d and that has google intergration.
You appear to be stating that, when the Revue is off, it doesn't affect the receiver's signal. OK; glad to hear it. If you have both a 922 and a Revue, please tell us what happens when you try to use it while the 3D movie is playing.

Or failing that, please tell everybody which Dish receiver has both GoogleTV integration and 3D? This is just my WAG looking at the known facts right now today. GoogleTV integration does not coexist with 3D. Why else don't the 722s have 3D right now? Why else doesn't the 922 have GootleTV integration? I hope they will both have both in the future.

Regarding GoogleTV HDMI passthrough and 3D, I found this. According to a Logitech Product Team CSR,

Unfortunately, the Revue does not support 3D. This would explain why your system is no longer seen as 3D capable.