Status
Please reply by conversation.

arich57

Jun 22, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey all,

I was going to post this question here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/150493-new-ka-ku-dish.html

But it wouldn't let me since the post was too old.

I'm trying to build an as small as possible HD "tailgating" setup. The referenced post mentioned being able to use a Directv 3 phase dish and an SL-3 to do this.

I have a dish 500 and dish 1000 antennas on the side of my house right now that I'm not using.

Would it be possible to use either of these with the SL-3 to make this "tailgating" hd dish the other post talks about? Are either of the dish dishes(?) 3comparable to the 3 phase one? I'm trying to see if I can save myself the cost of the 3 phase directv dish if I already have something that will work

Thanks in advanced for the advice.

-Aaron

I doubt the Dish Network dish will get any DirecTV and the PhaseIII dish is too outdated to get all the current DirecTV HD, nut what exactly are you trying to receive while tailgating/

I doubt the Dish Network dish will get any DirecTV and the PhaseIII dish is too outdated to get all the current DirecTV HD, nut what exactly are you trying to receive while tailgating/

I know the Phase 3 doesn't get HD "stock". I'm trying to make this:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/150493-new-ka-ku-dish.html#post1545288

I was going to find a way to put the SL-3 LNB on the Dish 500/1000 antenna. I was just wondering if either of those antenna's can be used as a replacement for the Phase 3 one.

Now that I am not 110% sure; if it were me I would just grab a DIRECTV AU9-SL3 Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish and save myself the headaches. Good luck with it tho as now remember that old thread.

Now that I am not 110% sure; if it were me I would just grab a DIRECTV AU9-SL3 Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish and save myself the headaches. Good luck with it tho as now remember that old thread.

I have the AU9-S with the 5 LNB piece. I'm trying to get something that might work with a smaller dish (such as the 3 phase one).

You could probably get it with the Dish 1000, it is similiar in size to the old phase 3 dish.

You would need to use a slimline 3 LNB, not the slimline 5. The 3 lnb will get the guide info from 101, while the 5 lnb gets it from 119. You wouldn't be able to get 119 in trying this setup.

To use the dish brand dish you may need to modify the arm to fit the lnb, that could be the only issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts