Dish 500+ Installation Help

JB884 said:
You were right on. Dropped the elevation down around 4 degrees and locked 119. Hooked everything up, ran the check switch and all 3 birds are locked in. May do some fine tuning when the weather gets a little better.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

JB

Glad to hear you got all three! The plus dish is a nice dish and 110 & 119 are a bit stronger than with a regular dish 500. What do you plan to receive with the 118.7?

Glad to hear you got all three! The plus dish is a nice dish and 110 & 119 are a bit stronger than with a regular dish 500. What do you plan to receive with the 118.7?

I plan on subscribing to the horse racing feeds that are on the 118.7 satellite.

JB

JB884 said:
I plan on subscribing to the horse racing feeds that are on the 118.7 satellite.

JB

Ahhh ok, glad everything worked out! I've got some signal strengths close to 90 on some TPs on the 119 satellite with that dish, I'm not sure what you're getting. It's probably the best dish I've seen to minimize rain fade when peaked. I've only had my signal go out for a few minutes at a time during very heavy rain storms, you'll certainly enjoy it, the 118.7 is more susceptible to rain fade than the 110/119 satellites. Enjoy the horse racing!

My friend asked me to help him with his + dish.....i have a bird dog but didn't update it so i only have the 110 and 119 on it.....i got signal on 110 & 119 and did a check switch but it only got those 2 in.....so after a hour of fooling around i still only got 110&119 in.......They are having a installer come in for someone else so i'll let him get it in....i just like to see where i was off....

You were probably picking up 110 with the middle lnb and 119 with the left one (from behind the dish), meaning you were about 10 degrees too far east and a bit high.

Best way to start is to cover the 110 and 129 lnb's with foil and find 119 confirmad, then the others will fall into place for tweaking.

Jim5506 said:
Best way to start is to cover the 110 and 129 lnb's with foil and find 119 confirmad, then the others will fall into place for tweaking.

He is tuning a 500+ not a 1000.2.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)