dish 500 using vip211k

gregz

Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
I had an analog TV hooked up to vip211k using the composite connections. The receiver was connected to a dish 500 and worked fine. I then replaced the tv (finely broke) with a LCD digital TV. So I decided to use an HDMI connection. because the LCD only has one composite and that is currently connected to a DVD player. Now the receiver is no longer will let me pick anything. Complains about the 129 sat not being there. I read you can use a dish 500 on this receiver. RVers do it all the time. Is the HDMI connection on the receiver require the 129 sat.

What exactly is the message being displayed by the receiver?

Have you tried disconnecting the DVD player and trying the 211 in it's place?

You also have the ability to hook the 211 up to the TV through the cable hook up on channel 3 for an SD signal. What is the exact error message you receive when you have it hooked up through the HDMI cord?

yes it works off the composite and off the coax (channel 3). Is it a requirement to use analog connections with a dish 500? I don't really get any errors. it just says I have lost the 129 satellite and it wont let me display the program guide or anything. If I reconnect on the analog connections and go in an run check switch, it fine. I then try to reconnect the hdmi cable and I get the 129 sat missing and I have to start all over.

Run a check switch test(menu 6-1-1) and make sure t saves just satellite 110/119. See if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)