Dish 622/722 L443 Release Notes

I'm hoping it means Seagate fix.

Would be nice, would it not?
I am reluctant to back out the Seagate fix until I know for sure. I would like the HD to spin down on it's own rather than rely on my powering it off when it's not needed. Even though I am doing that automatically when my a/v receiver powers off.

I hope the signal loss fix was to REMOVE the stupid Lost Signal popup every time the OTA channels have a signal drop or when this is a momentary loss on a recording. It will drive you crazy locking you out of everything else until you press OK. ENOUGH! I get it, just go away! Would be nice if there was a setting to turn that little popup OFF.

Oh, be still my beating heart. That would be wonderful. Especially annoying when the picture behind the message looks just fine.

Count me in that crowd too. I get no benefit by beta-testing Dish's software for them.

Ditto. I've experienced enough pain over the years with Dish's FUBAR software updates. Anyone who wishes to be first is welcome to it, just remember the old adage "Be careful what you wish for". ;)

NightRyder

There likely wasn't an actual signal loss but a flaw in the s/w thinking there was.

My Lost Locks are still counting up with L4.43, but I noticed, that if I clear the Switch Matrix and rerun Check Switch again, the Lost Locks are not counting up that much anymore, and the whole system runs smoother overall. I do this after every SW update, and it works pretty good.

Disonline.com.??? Does this mean when I get my722 that I cannot hook it to the internet instead of a phone line. I thought that was already released.

How long before the rest of us 622 L4.41 victims get the update? I'm eager to see if the HDMI HDCP fix works for my "handshake" issue.:mad: If it does then I can finally use the component cables to run my second tv without having to switch the cables:eek:

Thanks, BB468

ralfyguy; said:
My Lost Locks are still counting up with L4.43, but I noticed, that if I clear the Switch Matrix and rerun Check Switch again, the Lost Locks are not counting up that much anymore, and the whole system runs smoother overall. I do this after every SW update, and it works pretty good.

I think I know what you are saying but just want to be sure. Do you mean remove the signal (unscrew the cable leads from the receiver), run a check switch with nothing attached, then re-attach and rerun the check switch?

FYI.. I noticed my 622 has L441 now. Ethernet configs seem to be present
along with what others have mentioned in this upgrade.

I also noticed DishCOMM in my Installation menu. Was disappointed in reading that its mostly for modem sharing. To bad DishOnline.com and DishComm can allow you to connect via web to your DVR menu system.

FYI.. I noticed my 622 has L441 now. Ethernet configs seem to be present
along with what others have mentioned in this upgrade.

I also noticed DishCOMM in my Installation menu. Was disappointed in reading that its mostly for modem sharing. To bad DishOnline.com and DishComm can allow you to connect via web to your DVR menu system.

Welcome Netwerkthis! You will find A LOT of information here! The items you mentioned haved been discussed in great detail and are more capable than you imagine. As well, plans for what you mentioned for web connectivity are already in the works. One step at a time here!

Keep reading as 4.41 is being replaced as we chat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts