Dish 622/722 L449 Software Release Notes

Yeah I think Dish menus look better to where Directs Menu and Guide look like a old monochrome text or something..

We better not get any TIVO "bloops" that is terrible and something I hated back when I had TIVO.

... can you elaborate on the EHD transfer fixes?
In some particular situations, the 622/722 would start to transfer a file to the EHD, and then report that the transfer had failed, but in actuality, it was the report that was wrong (shades of NASA), and the transfer did go. This would mess up things on the EHD, like space available, file structure, etc.

449 includes fixes for these particular situations...

i have used groups for weeks now and also deleting items in a group using the 'select' and delete feature vs one at a time
Not sure what is new here

i have the new firmware and can't find a thing visually that stands out as new.....

hum, looks the same as last night when i was deleting things or last week or month.....whatever, olol

Last edited:
When you delete a recording that's inside a group, does it kick you out of the group ? Hopefully that's something they fixed...

Got the update.

What the favorites popup means is when you are in the guide and press guide, instead of switching to the next favorites list, a popup with all the lists comes up so you can pick exactly which list you want, instead of having to press guide repeatedly to get to it.

There's now an option in the favorites preferences for whether you want the popup or the "old" guide button method.

We better not get any TIVO "bloops" that is terrible and something I hated back when I had TIVO.

You know why those Tivo "bloops" are there? Because Tivo is so f***ing slow, that they have to give you confirmation that you've pressed a button so you know not to press the button again, while Tivo gets around to processing your command when it damn well pleases. Whereas Dish DVRs actually run at a human speed, so there's no need for any of those insipid "bloops".

You know why those Tivo "bloops" are there? Because Tivo is so f***ing slow, that they have to give you confirmation that you've pressed a button so you know not to press the button again, while Tivo gets around to processing your command when it damn well pleases. Whereas Dish DVRs actually run at a human speed, so there's no need for any of those insipid "bloops".

+1

L4.49 may have gone full release. But causing reboots.

About 3 the is morning (not the maintenance time set for either of my machines). I was wakened when the ViP622 in my bedroom started not one but several reboots. After one of them I did managed to check the software level and it is now at L4.49, which it wasn't at last evening. I turned off the power to it for now to allow for sleep.

I went to check my other ViP622 (which has a high serial number), and it too was rebooting and now has L4.449. I did pull the power and let this one reboot, and have let it run while I posted this. At the moment it appears to have stopped rebooting. I'll check in the morning to see if the one in the bedroom is now also has stopped. Meanwhile I'm going back to go back to sleep.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)