Dish 622/722 L449 Software Release Notes

About 3 the is morning (not the maintenance time set for either of my machines). I was wakened when the ViP622 in my bedroom started not one but several reboots. After one of them I did managed to check the software level and it is now at L4.49, which it wasn't at last evening. I turned off the power to it for now to allow for sleep.

I went to check my other ViP622 (which has a high serial number), and it too was rebooting and now has L4.449. I did pull the power and let this one reboot, and have let it run while I posted this. At the moment it appears to have stopped rebooting. I'll check in the morning to see if the one in the bedroom is now also has stopped. Meanwhile I'm going back to go back to sleep.:mad:

I too have L449 now. My 622 in bedroom rebooted 4 or 5 times that I turnd on the TV to see what was going on. After the ugrade message and next reboot and acquiring satellites all worked fine

Did it require hard or soft reboot?

OK, I am still a little new to Dish. I just pressed the power button on the front panel for a few seconds till they started reseting and then released the button. Can you explain to me what is a soft and hard reboot? Also can you explain what clear the matrix is too? Someone told me once but I can't recall. I hardly ever have DVR problems.

Last edited:
Soft=pressing & holding the power button (as you did).
Hard= unplugging the unit (what most tech support people will have you do).

OK, thanks 120inna55. I guess I might have to do the hard reset thing. The two 722s I was having problems with did it again. Right now they both are in the acquiring signal mode. They were working great. What about clear the matrix procedure? What does that do for the DVRs and do you do it?

OK, thanks 120inna55. I guess I might have to do the hard reset thing. The two 722s I was having problems with did it again. Right now they both are in the acquiring signal mode. They were working great. What about clear the matrix procedure? What does that do for the DVRs and do you do it?

Until Dish makes a correction, this particular problem will not go away. Apparently the update is misflagged and will just continue to download.

Soft reboots often fix other problems. In some cases the hard reboots will be needed. NVRAM resets are extreme measures and only fix certain errors, such as favorite lists that screw up and local channels info (which are saved in NVRAM). It is recommended that you only reset NVRAM under instruction from Tech Support.

I called tech support and he said it sounds like a "recovery loop". He was aware of a new update but didn't suggest that he had spoken to anyone about the same issue. Ironically, as soon as I started talking to him it seemed to be working okay.... I had a channel tuned, was able to check System Info (do have L4.49), and so on. After we hung up, I turned it off and .... yeap, it rebooted and started the download again.

People: We need to call Dish and report this !!

Until Dish makes a correction, this particular problem will not go away. Apparently the update is misflagged and will just continue to download.

Soft reboots often fix other problems. In some cases the hard reboots will be needed. NVRAM resets are extreme measures and only fix certain errors, such as favorite lists that screw up and local channels info (which are saved in NVRAM). It is recommended that you only reset NVRAM under instruction from Tech Support.

OK, thanks tnsprin. Both DVRs are working great again. I hope Dish is aware of the problem. One of my 722s did have a wired thing happen a couple of days ago. I think right after the 449 download. My and the wife's favorite list got cleared out.

1. What is clear the matrix? How and why is it done?
2. How do you do the NVRAM reset or is it best not to know and never do it unless tech guides you thru it?

Thanks for everyone's help.

My 622 was having the reboot issue this morning. However, for the past 20 minutes or so I've been able to turn off the receiver a couple of times for about 5 minutes and turn back on with no issues. This was after a "hard" reboot. Hopefully it has been fixed. The receiver still shows 449.

Last edited:
My 622 was having the reboot issue this morning. However, for the past 20 minutes or so I've been able to turn off the receiver a couple of times for about 5 minutes and turn back on with no issues. This was after a "hard" reboot. Hopefully it has been fixed. The receiver still shows 449.
Ditto the above. For the record, did a hard reset. Everything came up fine. Put in standby (turned off). Restarted. Went to programming download/re-aquisition. Came back up. Have turned off about six times, comes back everytime. All is well here.

Just talked to one of the CSR's handling technical support. He hadn't heard that this was reported. But he owns a 622 and had also noticed that for some reason it was downloading software this morning before he came in (he was already on l4.49). He quickly filed a report.

A guess we all need to file reports until we start hearing them say they are already working on the problem.

Turned my 622 off last night and it turned back on immediately. Thought maybe I'd somehow pressed the button on the remote twice, so I tried it again. Same result. Tried it again and it turned off (finally).

Heard it reboot when I was up at 5 this morning. Thought that was a bit odd too...

one of mine rebooted a bunch of times, and says previous and current software are both L449.

Weird. Seems ok now.

Was disconcerting at 0600am

What's the IPTV update?? Does this update allow functionality with the www . dishonline . com website?? Also, what is IPTV??

My 622 is still on L448.

Turned it off and waited - no update, so it has not gone system wide.

:confused:I have a VIP622 and am very happy with it. Does TONS of stuff. Record 3 shows at the same time download movies and watch a recorded movie all at the same time. I really do not pay attention to the software updating on the VIP622. What do I need to look at in the menu to see if I am next to get a download? RandallA you posted a web site on your last post to check where the download status is, How do you real that web site and where on my receiver do I check to see what or when I will get the download?

:confused:I have a VIP622 and am very happy with it. Does TONS of stuff. Record 3 shows at the same time download movies and watch a recorded movie all at the same time. I really do not pay attention to the software updating on the VIP622. What do I need to look at in the menu to see if I am next to get a download? RandallA you posted a web site on your last post to check where the download status is, How do you real that web site and where on my receiver do I check to see what or when I will get the download?

Viper,

It's not a different site, it's the same Satelliteguys.us site. I post any software updates that's spooling for the receivers and post the R00 numbers range. So for example right now L4.49 is spooling for:

IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-80948062

IRD Model: ViP722
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 83143404-84569709

Using your remote, press Menu twice and you'll see your receivers R00 number. If your receiver falls into the range that's spooling, you will get the update.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts