Dish 622/722 L449 Software Release Notes

Push the MENU button on your remote twice. That's the System Info screen. A few lines down is the current software version. It will start with an "L" on your 622 and is most likely L4.48 or L4.49 at the moment.

Without having the screen in front of me, I can't remember enough details about the rest....

This is how the sys info screen looks.

Attachments

• sysinfo-reg.jpg
    sysinfo-reg.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 192
I have the new L449 and it appears that I cannot DVR one show while watching another one now. When I DVR something and I try to change the channel it tells me its going to cancel the recording. Anyone else? I am getting sick of bugs...

I have the new L449 and it appears that I cannot DVR one show while watching another one now. When I DVR something and I try to change the channel it tells me its going to cancel the recording. Anyone else? I am getting sick of bugs...

Are you in single or dual mode? Are you recording an OTA broadcast and trying to switch to another OTA channel?

New and strange L449 problem - Just woke up one of my 622s from the screen saver and ALL Dish channels are GONE. It now displays only Canadian channels (most in red) complete with guide info. The info channels work but the free preview channels have sound but no picture.

It received the 4.49 yesterday morning and it worked fine all day after it stopped rebooting. I do have a dish pointed to 91 for ExpressVu hooked to my DPP44 on port 4, I used to subscribe to that service. Reboot did not fix it nor did a check switch. Acquiring sat always went straight to 91 and then downloaded the ExpressVu guide. I also tried resetting the switch matrix, no luck. I then disconnected the 91 dish and did another check switch. It then went to acquiring 61.5 signal but it hung on test 5 of 5 for 5 minutes, then downloaded the Dish guide and now seems to be OK.

rglore, more importantly if you don't sub to Expressvu any more, just disconnect it from your switch. That's just asking for trouble I expect.

Mine seems normal most of the time but if I watch a show from the EHD it will freeze after a few minutes, then reboot.

Are you in single or dual mode? Are you recording an OTA broadcast and trying to switch to another OTA channel?

622 is set at single mode. No other tv hooked up. I was DVRing a show on a regular channel, not OTA, and when I try to change the channel it tells me that it will stop recording the show. Now I know I was able to DVR something else while watching another before the upgrade. I just did a check switch and no changes. It downloaded the program guide again but again, nothing. I guess I'll have to go out in the cold and see whats going on...

Are you absolutely sure you are in single mode? Sounds like maybe it got switched to dual mode.

Are you absolutely sure you are in single mode? Sounds like maybe it got switched to dual mode.

Sometimes that happens to me and I keep all DVRs in the single mode. The way I get around it and it works for some reason is to use the guide to change channel instead of the keypad and channel up/down. Try that out and let us know how goes it.

ERD freeze after 622 upgrade

Mine seems normal most of the time but if I watch a show from the EHD it will freeze after a few minutes, then reboot.

I'm seeing the same issue and it started right after the L4.49 upgrade. I'm wondering if it is a HDD specific issue. I have a Seagate 750G Free Agent Pro, how about you?

Also, really tired of the bugs!

I'm seeing the same issue and it started right after the L4.49 upgrade. I'm wondering if it is a HDD specific issue. I have a Seagate 750G Free Agent Pro, how about you?

Also, really tired of the bugs!

I had it before 4.49, but it was very rare. It has increased a little since 4.49. I have a 500G Western Digital.

622 is set at single mode. No other tv hooked up. I was DVRing a show on a regular channel, not OTA, and when I try to change the channel it tells me that it will stop recording the show. Now I know I was able to DVR something else while watching another before the upgrade. I just did a check switch and no changes. It downloaded the program guide again but again, nothing. I guess I'll have to go out in the cold and see whats going on...

You are watching the channel that you are recording. Use PIP to switch to the other tuner.

622 Behaving flaky... bad Unit or bad firmware?

After a year and half of trouble free operation, my 622 is misbehaving. I came back from vacation on 02/20 and turned it on and got a message that my hard drive data was corrupted and that all data on the drive would be rebooted. After getting the same message upon several reboots, I bit the bullet and "re-formatted"

Since, the 622 freezes for no reason and re-boots after a while and I've had to do the "re-format" again. Has my 622 died or has the new software killed it?

Need to do additional tests of the HDD; unfortunately outside of the DVR. Can you check in Counters what SMART values you have ?

SMART Status 0
Start Fail Status 2
EFS RW Count Fail 1

Hi Temp 120
Low Temp 104
Average Temp 111

DVR playback now practically unusable... freezes then requires a re-boot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)