Dish 622/722 L449 Software Release Notes

Based on when they released the first batch and now the 2nd, I suspect they're seeing/hearing of problems and that's why there's been no full release yet.

They went very far in the last batch. Not that many receiver left that didn't get it. May even have been planning to go to everyone, but stopped when lots of us had constant install reboots. That turned out not to be l449 itself but the stream indicators on the Software download.

L449, the software itself, does not seem to be causing wide spread new problems.

If you dont care about recordings - try to run destructive DST test.

Is that the re-initializing thing, that doesn't work anymore with latest SW releases?
Belivieve me, it used to work, I have done it. But since a couple of SW releases ago, it will only dump the timers, doing the same remote commands.
Somebody else tried too, and had the same success.

I still don't have 4.49. Is it safe to assume (and hope) I never get it???

I wouldn't count on it.

It was distributed to almost everyone.
See
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1250666-post208.html

And although some people are reporting some bugs (including RandallA), they do not appear that widespread that they will not go ahead with the upgrade.

Of course its always possible that they have 4.50 ready to go.

I am still on L448. Do not know when I will get L449? Hope if I do get L449 I will not have any trouble. I have had my VIP622 for about one year and love it. It does tons of stuff at one time. (Record 3 shows HD at the same time, Download a movie, and watch a recorded DVR show) Now I have 2 VIP 622's and are both on L448. Best DVR I have ever had. A Lot better then Direct TV's HD DVR. Had both Direct Tv and Dish HD at the same time. Dropped Direct and now every thing is back to Dish.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on it.

It was distributed to almost everyone.
See
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1250666-post208.html

And although some people are reporting some bugs (including RandallA), they do not appear that widespread that they will not go ahead with the upgrade.

Of course its always possible that they have 4.50 ready to go.

Maybe I didn't get it yet, because I just had mine replaced a couple weeks ago.

If you dont care about recordings - try to run destructive DST test.

Hmmm... I can do a Menu, 6, 4 and within 5 seconds do a Info, Browse, Theme to get into the memory dump screen but I cannot get my 622 to do a DST. Pause,1 Pause,2 Pause,3 doesn't do anything. Is there a trick to this?

My previous 622 had gotten L4.49 and *I* can't say I noticed any issues but have read of others who have. I got a replacement 622 last week and it's remained on L4.48 though it was rebooting this morning between 7am and 7:30 (EST).

As always not all receivers are affected but I've read reports about problems with HDMI, EHD and play back from even the internal hard drive. I personally have problems with the 622 and the EHD playback, no problems with the 722. That's why I'm surprise it went out to all receivers.

Just hoping there's a new update coming soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts