Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's been awhile since we got release note on Dish Network software, but I am happy to say here they are again. :)

L406 Release Notes

Signal Strength Reporting/Display improvements in the Point Dish menu
MPEG 4/MPEG 2 DVR improvements
MPEG 4 video improvements
015 (Acquiring Satellite Signal) pop up improvements
Audio fixes for some issues
Closed Captioning Fixes
Hard Drive Status Icon on the System Info Screen
The number of Events will show on the Dish on Demand Menu

Just posted what I was sent.

I also looks like the same list was sent to the other site as well as they posted it after I posted mine.

I really wish Dish would just post release notes on their own website, it would make things easier for all. :)

I did notice a BIG improvement:
The local PBS HD I get OTA & integrated into 622 guide. It is NOW showing ACCURATE guide info for the x.5 HD channel.
I do not know if directly related to upate but timing is the same.

Im fairly certain there was an OTA fix for pixelation in this update. Mine has been fine since, I think its just not mentioned for some reason.

I was kinda hoping that one of the items was going to be External USB HDD support, but alas, no...

So far the L4.06 update seems to be sound, it seems to have fixed my ota picture problem, and the HD seems to have a better pq! Was watching HBO last night (Ringers) and the pq I thought was outstanding. Also noticed TNT looking pretty good along with others, so maybe it is due to the software update! Either way things are getting better and I'm liking it! :)

Just posted what I was sent.

I also looks like the same list was sent to the other site as well as they posted it after I posted mine.

I really wish Dish would just post release notes on their own website, it would make things easier for all. :)

I'd bet it is easier for them since updating a website would involve another department. This way the development group just has to blast an e-mail to a list of two. This way you get the info much faster as it involves less people, authorizations, approvals etc. Scott, sometimes we have to think how it is in a big company to get stuff done.

Still 4.05 here. Man I hope this update fixes the intermittent stuttering. If that is the only thing fixed I would be happy.
Jay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts