Dish 722k ....... Unplugged everything and forgot how it was setup! Help!!

SpeedBird21

Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
USA
Soooooo I moved into a house that already had tenants there and Dishnetwork was already installed. Our setup is as follows:

ONE: Dish Network 722k DVR Box
ONE: Dish Network 600 series DVR box

Originally The 722k was running one High Def TV in one room, and another Non-HD TV in another room. After about 4 months the non-HD Tv person moved out, and at the time we were having cable issues so a Technician came out and said "Oh well since you are just running this for one TV let me just change a few wires on the back here" I didn't pay attention to what he did and now theres another non-HD tv that wants cable back in that same room. I cant remember how he had everything configured so I dont know how to get cable off the 722k back to that room :( Does anyone have a basic skimatic of how to hook that back up? Yeah I know, I know im an idiot, so save the wise cracks :)

Thanks!

Soooooo I moved into a house that already had tenants there and Dishnetwork was already installed. Our setup is as follows:

ONE: Dish Network 722k DVR Box
ONE: Dish Network 600 series DVR box

Originally The 722k was running one High Def TV in one room, and another Non-HD TV in another room. After about 4 months the non-HD Tv person moved out, and at the time we were having cable issues so a Technician came out and said "Oh well since you are just running this for one TV let me just change a few wires on the back here" I didn't pay attention to what he did and now theres another non-HD tv that wants cable back in that same room. I cant remember how he had everything configured so I dont know how to get cable off the 722k back to that room :( Does anyone have a basic skimatic of how to hook that back up? Yeah I know, I know im an idiot, so save the wise cracks :)

Thanks!

What an idiot------Just kidding, just kidding!

To get the SD outout from the receiver you just need to run a coax cable from the "Home Distribution" output to the other TV. The receiver needs to be in Dual Mode for independent viewing--you change modes by pushing the MODE button behind the door on the receiver (right side). That 2nd TV needs to be tuned to whatever channel is selected under "modulator setup". You find that or change it by hitting MENU on your remote, then 6-1-5. Hope this helps.

Ed

Worked! Thanks! Goofy wiring in the house though. To not have cables run everywhere it runs everything into a main box that is labeled..... poorly. But after finding the right combination it worked! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts