Dish adds Glenn Beck's The Blaze to its Top 250 Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Eatmyvolts brings up rational points.

Thing is, if you follow GB and his "facts", they are often flatout fallacy.

Many folks accept these spouts as truth and base decisions/opinion without checking reality.

This is why I am so opposed to Beck. Yeah, tune in or tune out, but there are folks who accept this vitriol as gospel.

I listen to MSNBC as well as FOX and compare coverage. I'm sorry, but it seems to me the radical conservative positions do not reflect reality.

GB is part of that FOX mentality and as far as I'm concerned, there's no difference between thought and Rush's ditto heads.

Ban this post as political if you will, but if we are going to talk about how great BLAZE is, we also ought to consider the falsehoods that this guy spouts as truth.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sorry to be an idiot on this...

How do you reply with a quote using the iPhone app? I've looked in many places but haven't found out how.

Tap the little blue arrow that's under the post's timestamp and tap "Quote."

Let's be honest. Fact checking is a problem in American society. It doesn't matter what is your political alliance, religion, favorite sports team, employment/lack of employment, etc. I'm a teacher and I'll tell you, fact checking, major problem with all of us. Look at Swanni for crying out loud. The only reason your statement was made is because you don't agree with their view.

I do not believe in free speech, but I do believe in fair speech. On this basis, Fox News and The Blaze should both be removed from the Dish Line-up, perhaps replace it with the Al-Jazeera News Channel, which is basically more objective.

I do not believe in free speech, but I do believe in fair speech. On this basis, Fox News and The Blaze should both be removed from the Dish Line-up, perhaps replace it with the Al-Jazeera News Channel, which is basically more objective.

If I agree on the fair speech thing, (I don't but to make the point) can we drop you from the forums for the same reason? I think other posters are basically more objective. Just who decides it's fair speech?

Every once in awhile I watch or listen to a program or channel that has very different point of view than I do. Every once in awhile a good point is made, and very often it affirms my point of view that they are off base. But I don't want to shut down or demand something not be carried/removed. Makes me think of how other Countries either do or used to react.

Last edited:
Eatmyvolts brings up rational points.

Thing is, if you follow GB and his "facts", they are often flatout fallacy.

Many folks accept these spouts as truth and base decisions/opinion without checking reality.

This is why I am so opposed to Beck. Yeah, tune in or tune out, but there are folks who accept this vitriol as gospel.

I listen to MSNBC as well as FOX and compare coverage. I'm sorry, but it seems to me the radical conservative positions do not reflect reality.

GB is part of that FOX mentality and as far as I'm concerned, there's no difference between thought and Rush's ditto heads.

Ban this post as political if you will, but if we are going to talk about how great BLAZE is, we also ought to consider the falsehoods that this guy spouts as truth.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thank you that summarizes my feeling exactly. I kind of wish that Tv had the fairness act enforced once again. Back when this law was in place , you could NOT present just one side of any political story ,without the opposite side represented on ANY Tv channel at all. The viewer was left to decide their on idea of who was right. There was no political slant allowed period. Yes channels like Fox or Blazeand Msnbc or Current tv would not be allowed to exist as they do today, but the viewer would get both sides represented and would have to make up their minds for themselves. Real "Fair and Balanced ". The country would benefit from more fairness and less biases and or LESS red state /Blue state crap. Then we might actually get something done in D.C. without all the drama. Compromise is NOT a dirty word and has been how this country has worked for most of it's history.

I kind of wish that Tv had the fairness act enforced once again.
I guess you are under the assumption that when the Fairness Act was in force, you got both sides of the story. That only stands because you had no other view to compare at the time. Since there has been news, there has been bias. Only is the passing of history with the other side of the story come out, but usually after you have passed on.

Is this in free view right now or something? I have to 200 package and have it and I am not going to be paying $5 for it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I'm glad they added the channel. I watch every once in a while.

For those who don't like it, don't think it should ever be on, just don't watch. Why are you views the right ones? I don't watch MSNBC or CurrentTV, but I don't care they are there. I just don't tune to them.

If a channel fits what you are looking for, then by all means watch it. If it doesn't, don't.

The one thing Beck does keep telling viewers is to never take his word on stuff, look into for yourself. Never take anyone's word, decide for yourself.

That's advice we all should stand by.

I'm glad they added the channel. I watch every once in a while.

For those who don't like it, don't think it should ever be on, just don't watch. Why are you views the right ones? I don't watch MSNBC or CurrentTV, but I don't care they are there. I just don't tune to them.

If a channel fits what you are looking for, then by all means watch it. If it doesn't, don't.

The one thing Beck does keep telling viewers is to never take his word on stuff, look into for yourself. Never take anyone's word, decide for yourself.

That's advice we all should stand by.

Got to agree. If I remember correctly, and I have a bachelor's degree saying that I should, America was founded on the belief that everyone has a say. That say is protected under the first admendment. I don't agree with either side at all times. But I respect the fact, and would go to any measure to protect everyone's right to have their say. Simply, none of either side is slander, or designed to cause complete chaos. Therefore, both sides deserve their voice.

Got to disagree. What I see is people from both sides who have major problems having objections to their points of view. I find it quite comical that those in the Liberal camp have such problems with two outlets for the conserative camp. Let's take a tally here: Liberals- NBC (including MSNBC), CBS, ABC, Current TV, and we can even argue the entertainment industry. That includes Comedy Central, Alec Baldwin and the SAG, MTV, etc. Conseratives- FOX News (let's be serious, the FOX Network is very Liberal) Blaze, talk radio, some areas of the entertainment industry. That includes Kid Rock, Blue Collar Comedy, etc. Basically, the way I see it, there are a lot more outlets for the Liberal Camp, than the conserative camp as of now. In closing, I remember being mad at Dan Rather during the 04 election for expressing disgust when a state went to Bush over Kerry. I wasn't disgusted because of his opinion, but because as an anchor on CBS News, he should have been objective. Funny, how die hards on any side of any argument love to preach objectivity, yet tend to let it slide when subjectivity favors their points of view.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)