Dish adds Smithsonian Channel as part of CBS Agreement

And, by "begging", you mean not aware it existed until they added it? (in SD, btw.)

If Smithsonian will also be in SD like El Rey, it will be useless. (As is El Rey in SD.)
i hope not that smithsonian will be in sd i want it in HD along with Elrey in HD.

And, by "begging", you mean not aware it existed until they added it? (in SD, btw.)

If Smithsonian will also be in SD like El Rey, it will be useless. (As is El Rey in SD.)

like you, had never heard of this channel until it appeared......but I have heard of Smithsonian & would like it to be added in HD

Reactions: 356B
It was in HD before in the @BB package so i highly doubt it will be in SD... There isnt one channel in the @BB package that isnt in HD if im correct. (Yes some channels dont broadcast in HD but Dish puts em through as MPEG4 HD).

It used to be like that, until they changed it. Now you do have MPEG2 channels, and SD channels you can watch with SD receivers. FMC one of them.

i hope this channel comes to uplink tommorow i think scott said it would be in 30 days we can get this channel along with showtime anytime and showtime ondemand.

There isnt one channel in the @BB package that isnt in HD if im correct.
You are not correct.

According to the BB@Home web page the following channels are only available in SD (unless featured on the Blockbuster channel):

Encore Suspense
Starz Cinema
Movieplex
World Fishing Network
FXM

As one who works in a lawfirm, I can tell you that some contracts we have done here have taken 6 months to get finished. As I said a lot of red lining going back and forth. The need to make sure the contract is worded to be fair to each other and that there are no loopholes. (and we all know Charlie LOVES loopholes!)

Reactions: 356B and ChadT41
As one who works in a lawfirm, I can tell you that some contracts we have done here have taken 6 months to get finished. As I said a lot of red lining going back and forth. The need to make sure the contract is worded to be fair to each other and that there are no loopholes. (and we all know Charlie LOVES loopholes!)
(In dramatic voice) Noooo. :hatsoff

It was in HD before in the @BB package so i highly doubt it will be in SD... There isnt one channel in the @BB package that isnt in HD if im correct. (Yes some channels dont broadcast in HD but Dish puts em through as MPEG4 HD).

While I would think that seems logical, Disney XD would be a good example. Isn't it still in SD since it has been readded to the lineup although it was in HD before? WFN's SD feed was kept while the HD feed was dropped. You just never know...

In fact they had it uplinked again some months back but nothing ever came of it.

In addition, just because it is uplinked, it does not mean it will be made available. I believe that was the case with The Outdoor Channel HD if memory serves me right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts