Status
Please reply by conversation.

Electro960

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hello Friends!

I'm in the process of re-aligning my dish and need assistance with determining a strong transponder on a particular satellite. My highest elevated satellite on the arc is Brasilsat B3, which is at 75°W. According to Lyngsat, not all transponders have a beam to my location (I'm in SE PA) but some are listed as "national". Has anyone had any luck with finding a strong transponder on C-BAND through this satellite that I can use to properly aim my 6FT dish? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

I think 72w would be a better sat to use. At least you're in the footprint. 3995 V 2220 DVB-S (lyngsat) Just "fudge" the dish a little bit to the east. I think the Brasilsat B3 "national" beams refer to Brasil.

Information I have shows a "hot" transponder on 74W Horizon 2 Ku @ 12060 V 27695. I'm in central Virginia and I've got that TP on my 7.5ft SAMI mesh dish with a DMX-741S through my AZBox Elite and it's showing 100% signal and 51% quality. If you look at "The List" you will usually find a "hot" transponder to zero in on.

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - TheList

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)