DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

anyone remember the names of the third party developers for the apps of the hopper i would like to get in touch with them.

thanks

Here you go....Select one app from this app.....

applebees-menu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i will take the mozzarella sticks for sure.man they really makes me hunger for food right now.hey DWS44 real funny :)

So, what can we expect at CES 2015? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They should add an app to the Hopper that allows subscribers to thumbs down anything they don't like about Dish, from extortion to no longer carrying the Soapnet channel. And maybe even things they are guilty of.

More apps? ;)

The SJ is probably to keep subs from wanting a second Hopper for more tuners. The SJ is cheaper to produce than the Hopper so Dish benefits from that. Of course when the Hopper goes tits up, you lose all 5 tuners. Having a second Hopper is obviously better for the sub. It remains to be seen what the cost differential will be to the sub, if any. It may end up being the case that Dish will no longer lease a second Hopper, instead requiring purchase. Next year's second and additional Hopper fee may jump to $20. :)

OH GOD! Please don't give DISH any ideas about higher FEES!:eek:

The SJ is probably to keep subs from wanting a second Hopper for more tuners. The SJ is cheaper to produce than the Hopper so Dish benefits from that. Of course when the Hopper goes tits up, you lose all 5 tuners. Having a second Hopper is obviously better for the sub....

Not really any more since the Super Joey gives control of the 2 tuners to the Hopper, and it can schedule recordings accordingly. Dish still does not seem to want to integrate a 2 hopper system into one recording system.

Sometimes I wish they would... then other times I like it the way it is... I have my kids on their own joey so my DVR is not cluttered up with their shows.

Well now one has the choice of 2 situations. A separate hopper for 2 different sets of people in the household, or a Super Joey to have more recording on a single DVR. Of course you can have 2 Hoppers and a super joey and just have the kids on their Hopper and you have the 5 tuners for your own Hopper.

The next generation of Satellite receivers to replace the Hopper and Joey. The Sows (female pig) and the Piglets (baby pigs). The flying pig (sow) comes in 2016 as the advanced piglet model.

I am curious if you would be able to use a virtual Joey with a Hopper and Super Joey configuration. They should just have a main server like we discussed many years ago. Add to the server whatever we choose is needed such as additional tuners, hard drives, etc. Distribute that throughout the network which would be the different rooms. One simple box like a 211 with the optional add ons would do the job. They could even have a dumb box with no tuner like a Roku that they could make (or just buy Roku) and the tuners and hard drives and so forth to it.

Well now one has the choice of 2 situations. A separate hopper for 2 different sets of people in the household, or a Super Joey to have more recording on a single DVR. Of course you can have 2 Hoppers and a super joey and just have the kids on their Hopper and you have the 5 tuners for your own Hopper.

Scott asked about the Two Hopper/One SJ set up, as a few of us already had Tuner dreams, he was told it would not be possible :(

Scott asked about the Two Hopper/One SJ set up, as a few of us already had Tuner dreams, he was told it would not be possible :(

Kind of, he was told that you could, but would have to put one hopper on a separate solo node (not linked to the other hopper/SJ). Which is the same official stance from Dish with more than 2 Hoppers as well. So you can, but it isn't all integrated.

But since they say that having more than 2 Hoppers will much up the MOCA bandwidth, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually works since 3-4 Hopper systems work when linking the nodes is not supported by Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)