DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

That should work too right? I'm thinking how to replace a Joey in the shop with a SJ and link back to the 2 Hoppers/1 Joey system in the main office.

This is gonna get very interesting. :D

Seems like in theory it should work. Hopefully we'll get some news about the backend for the new system.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

anyone remember the names of the third party developers for the apps of the hopper i would like to get in touch with them.

thanks

Wow, you're never going to let this go are you? What is it you do blugras? You should consider getting in the business of developing your own apps.

Wow, you're never going to let this go are you? What is it you do blugras? You should consider getting in the business of developing your own apps.

I am amazed at the app determination, if you would even call it that

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Could someone please point me to a thread or perhaps a post w/Cliffs Notes of what was announced today?

No disrespect meant, I'm just not sure I can wade through 40 pages of varying relevance and actually find that info.

Thank you.

Could someone please point me to a thread or perhaps a post w/Cliffs Notes of what was announced today? No disrespect meant, I'm just not sure I can wade through 40 pages of varying relevance and actually find that info. Thank you.

If you look under the new special events thread, you can see announcements

If you look under the new special events thread, you can see announcements

Ok, thanks I got it.

Funny, I would never have found that because I always go straight to the Dish forum and don't really visit anywhere else on the boards. :p

Foist, ya got Larry, Curly, and Moe, then ya got Manny, Moe, and Jack! The foist'll get ya laughin' and the next'll get ya fixed.....

Oooohhhh, he said fixed!!! :D

5 tuners and 4 viewing streams (Hopper + 3 Joeys) is probably about the limit of the HDD in the Hopper. It is interesting to see Dish punted on LNB/Switch improvement.

They should have gone a step farther and had the super joey able to stand on its own like a 211, and discontinue the 211....

The 211 uses DishPro technology, which is also needed with the new portable dishes. The Hopper uses Mocca which is a different bird.

Just for bluegras:

appmeme.jpg

Unfortunately...no word on whether said app will be available via the Hopper, the SuperJoey, or the SuperDuperHopperWithRoku. ;)

Awww man I've been needing a laugh since yesterday DWS. Lol.....Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)