DISH Announces New Leadership Assignments, Promotions

You can disagree with my opinion all you want. It doesn't change my idea that this change in the fee structure in 2010 is when DISH turned from the Low priced leader concerned about it's customer's wallets, to a greedy company more concerned about it's bottom line more. A $17.00 fee for a second 622/722/722k receiver was highway robbery. I had three of these receivers back then and had to get rid of two and go with 211ks in order to save the extra $20.00 a month fees I would of had , if I had stayed with all vip dvr receivers. I wasn't happy when I bought a second hopper at $7.00 a month and had it go up to $12.00 either. Had to trade in the second hopper for a super joey . Not to mention the Dvr fee has gone from $7.00 to $10.00 and now $12.00 for the hopper. I find all these extra fees one of the main reasons DISH is losing subs now. When I pay $29.00 a month to have a hopper , a super joey, joey receivers on my account, which is higher than the welcome pack at $19.99 and $5.00 less than the Smart pack at $34.99 , it is nothing but greed to me. You will never convince me that I am wrong on this one and I don't care what Directv or cable is charging in the way of fees, it doesn't make it any better because DISH is stooping to the same level as them ,but only a little cheaper a month than them. DISH should operate better than the competition ,not just like them.

That's the issue, dish was supposed to be better than the cable companies.

When they charge the fees they are no better than the rest, and the fact they are not an Internet service provider, why you would want to keep dish becomes less clear.

Guess they had to raise rates and fees to pay for these promotions, eh? :rolleyes:

More than likely to pay for the losses they take when they give a customer a promotion, they take all the discounts and cancel when the rate goes up.

The problem is that there are only so many providers. After you have screwed Dish, Directv, Comcast, Wow, AT&T uverse these providers remember what you did. Putting it in your wife's name, doesn't always work like it used to.

Many people are running out of companies and names

More than likely to pay for the losses they take when they give a customer a promotion, they take all the discounts and cancel when the rate goes up.

The problem is that there are only so many providers. After you have screwed Dish, Directv, Comcast, Wow, AT&T uverse these providers remember what you did. Putting it in your wife's name, doesn't always work like it used to.

Many people are running out of companies and names
Well, considering I've been with Dish (and only Dish) for the last ~20 years, none of that is an issue for me except the ongoing rate increases, which I've endured without too much complaint. The new rates/fees coming in January may necessitate a programming change to help offset the rate increase...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)