Dish Anywhere guide on Fire Stick

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I now have two Fire sticks running Dish Anywhere in my house. I think it's a good substitute for a Joey and not having to pay extra receiver fees, but I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to "dial in" a specific channel number without having to scroll all the way down the guide. The default guide starts at the bottom with the locals, so if I want to get to the 900's, I have to push and hold down for a long time.

I've seen some remotes on Amazon and Ebay for the Fire that have numbers on them, do I need to buy one of those?

If on the guide go down to the guide and press the rewind button. It will bring up numbers 0-4 and press the menu button to the right of home button to swap to 5-9. Using the direction ring and enter button to select numbers.
If watching tv, you can press menu button and then select channel number from options.

If on the guide go down to the guide and press the rewind button. It will bring up numbers 0-4 and press the menu button to the right of home button to swap to 5-9. Using the direction ring and enter button to select numbers.
If watching tv, you can press menu button and then select channel number from options.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, has anybody tried one of those replacement remotes that has numbers on it?

I know this is an old thread, but I can't seem to find any good specific instructions on using the FireTV stick remote with the Dish Anywhere App. There are a million YouTubes on getting the DA app with the Firestick but nothing seemingly on actually using the remote. My MIL is visiting for the next two weeks and she is in a spare bedroom with a Fire Stick for Dish. I never use the app so I don't really know anything on how to use it with Dish. The kids use it when they are home and they don't seem to have a problem, but they are young. Anyone know of a good source for the how to with the Fire Stick remote on DA App?

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts