Dish Anywhere- I can not transfer recordings from Hopper 3 to iPad!!

Both wired and WiFi connections gave download internet speeds of 200-210 Mbps which is what Spectrum is providing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
That is awesome they both get about the same speed. I wonder if the Hopper limits the Internet speed! With Charter's 1G service you can get 940 Mbps using speedtest.net but when I did the Hopper Internet speed test I could only get 200-250 Mbps.

There may be something wrong with your cable/port then, my switch (Mikrotik) shows Gig off of both ports when connected directly, diagnostics shows 280Mbps for an internet.

I am using a Netgear Prosafe Gigabit Switch. The switch shows a Gigabit connection for 3 of my other devices but only shows a 100 Megabit connection for my Hopper3. It is not easy to switch to a different Ethernet cable since it is in a cabinet. I am using the top Ethernet port on the Hopper3. My second Hopper3 is connected and Joey 3 all use moca connections.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am using a Netgear Prosafe Gigabit Switch. The switch shows a Gigabit connection for 3 of my other devices but only shows a 100 Megabit connection for my Hopper3. It is not easy to switch to a different Ethernet cable since it is in a cabinet. I am using the top Ethernet port on the Hopper3. My second Hopper3 is connected and Joey 3 all use moca connections.

I changed the wired Ethernet connection to use the lower Ethernet port on my Living Room Hopper3. When the Hopper3 is shut off (in standby) the Netgear Gigabit switch shows a Gigabit connection (all 3 LED green) but when the Living Room Hopper3 is powered on the Netgear Ethernet Switch shows a 100 Megabit connection.
My Family Room Hopper3 and my Joey3 get their internet connection by moca from the Living Room Hopper3. All 3 devices have a reserved IP address.
Living Room Hopper3 192.168.1.6
Family Room Hopper3 192.168.1.17
Joey3 192.168.1.18
I have bridging turned on for both Hopper3 receivers so that the Joey3 has internet from which ever Hopper3 that it is connected to.
Both Hopper3 receivers show a download speed of 210-215 Mbps which corresponds to my Spectrum internet plan.
What surprised me was the connection on my Netgear Gigabit switch changing from showing gigabit to 100 Megabit connection when the Hopper3 goes out of standby mode. But everything seems to work well. I can watch 4K Netflix movies and Amazon Prime works well on both Hopper3 receivers and the Joey3.

Reactions: TheKrell
My transfers to two different Android platforms hang. The newest app on my phone shows nothing about the queued transfer. The older version that worked fine until a week or so ago on a Fire HD10 says "waiting to prepare" and never, never, ever finishes. 3 days stuck... Pretty much timed to the 8/5 Hopper3 software release being installed.

Doesn't Dish ever QA software releases?

I opened ‘app store’ app on iPad. 3 apps were ready to be updated. Not Dish anywhere! So, I entered ‘dish anywhere’ under search. Dish A. app in store showed it was ready to open. Then, it changed to ‘update’. I updated it. I made sure both Hopper and iPad were on same network. They were. I picked a show from dvr (dish anywhere app). The app got fussy! It claimed ‘not connected to LAN’. ( as it did before.). I checked iPad settings. It has an access to local network.
I selected a show to transfer again. It shows preparing…. The progress bar barely moves to right. About ready to throw the towel.
Baby Reaction GIF
I had the same issue. I reinstalled the app then paired the iPad with the hopper by entering my ip address. I then got the same message that I need to connect to the LAN in the app and I selected okay (I can't remember the exact term) and it took me directly to the LAN settings and I turned on the local network. I'm sure there's an easier way to get there, but somehow this is how I stumbled upon it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts